Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola ROKR Z6

Options
  • 01-02-2008 3:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Not a big fan of Motorola's but this one kinda caught my eye and i was wondering if anyone on here has one.
    From what ive read so far it has a new linux based OS and voice technology thats capable of reading texts and emails aloud to you?
    Sounds and looks to good to be true, some one set me straight!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Anyone???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

moto ROKO, RAZR, KRAZR

CRAP.

so nay.......

Nice thanks, why are they crap exactly?

moto cant make fones

end of, useless gui, fustrating to work. i had a razr v3xx, and boy was it the worst pile of $hit i ever put my hand on.

upon a bit of research and web blogging i found i was not alone.....!

basically about 99.9% of the worlds population thought likewise, so pretty much all them moto fones with a Z in them are just utter crap

just by a N series for god sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I hate moto too but until recently (last month) they were the second largest manufacturer of phone after nokia in the world - strange as they are crap!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I've never had any problems with any Motorolas I've had. Missus has a Razr V3 she loves it and it's had some abuse I can tell you (2 young kids!) a few of my mates have them too and I've never heard them complain and the GUI is no worse than any recent Nokia with similar features that I've seen. Most new Nokias are rubbish quality and build wise I had an E65 recently it feckin' fell apart after a few weeks also had a 6111 - that fell apart too. Sony Ericssons are probably the best built at the moment.

well all the nokias i used were bomb proof.

nearly all the models, a n73, e50, and now a n82.

they leave motos for dead with their pathetic crap!

the main gripe is coverage and battery life, in the v3xx is was brutal. calls dropping every second.

all the nokias i used are pretty simple to get around AND the call coverage is almost always good, the new n82 is a serious piece of kit but its simple to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ronnietech

i have a moto z6. i was not a fan on moto until i got this one. always been a sonyerricson fan. but with sony quality showing up more and more i went with the moto. it's not your usual moto. it has a linux os. very VERY fast menus. customizable and when writing text messages it actually guesses your next words aswell as your spelling. i give it 9/10. looses a point for not ubuntu compatible. have to go into alot of menus to turn on and off the bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Walkman wrote: »
    I hate moto too but until recently (last month) they were the second largest manufacturer of phone after nokia in the world - strange as they are crap!!

well they would be. they have to make more to replace all the faulty ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

well they would be. they have to make more to replace all the faulty ones

LOL Very True Commander:D

• Advertisement

ronnietech wrote: »
    i have a moto z6. i was not a fan on moto until i got this one. always been a sonyerricson fan. but with sony quality showing up more and more i went with the moto. it's not your usual moto. it has a linux os. very VERY fast menus. customizable and when writing text messages it actually guesses your next words aswell as your spelling. i give it 9/10. looses a point for not ubuntu compatible. have to go into alot of menus to turn on and off the bluetooth

What was battery life like?

the battery life is not as good as a sony erricson but better than your average nokia. depends on what your at. if you dont use it for calls or bluetooth you get about 3 to 4 days but normal use with about an hour or two with calls a bluetooth get anything from 1 to 2 days. the best phones for battery with bluetooth is def se. i've had every make there is and se is my preffered one but the new ones are not up to my standards.

Ive got a se7501 so id like something that has in or around the same battery life, harldy ever use bluetooth, maybe a couple of txts a day and a few short calls.

I have a very used z6, keypad worn to bits but you can have it. it'll give you an idea what its like. i've also debranded it and unlocked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Motorola make fine looking phones. But that's pretty much it.

They look nice but all their RAZR ROKR CRAP0R phones are just fashion phones.

They last forever though, my v3xx took a million drops and falls and didn't get more than a few scratches.

I'd take Nokia any day to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I see someone has been doing some grave robbing in bringing this thread back from the dead

Advertisement