Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reflective T-shirts.

Options
  • 01-02-2008 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

I have a light reflective jacket, which is very good, but actually quite warm, esp. in summer, though fine now. But when it is warmer I prefer to year just a t-shirt.

I just ordered some reflective t-shirts, second down here

http://www.supertouch.com/highvissub1.asp?CID=51

Got them new on ebay, 3 of them from the UK for €17 incl delivery for the lot.

Seller was called smu262 his stuff seems to only appear in searches on ebay.co.uk or if you do a "all regions" search on the other ebays.

CRC only have this one
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23087
    And I expect the colours will fade with washing. Thats why I wanted the reflective stuff. And CRCs is €20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭roadmanmad

I can understand the need to wear a T shirt. If I could suggest that you buy a jersey, form lidl or adli when they are in stock, to wear underneath. This is just in the event that you come off, the two layers reduce the risk of nasty grazes.

While it takes a bit of getting used to, it is worth while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 xlaurencurranx

hi visibility is essential nowdays , theres too much bogeys on da roads, foreign drivers are less aware of the left hand side of a car when driving a right handed vehicle so they tend to drive nearer the side of the road than the natives, we would problally have the same prob in reverse in a left hand drive country im getting my first car in the summer so im taking lessons at the moment.......
    and yes im watchin out for yee biking people...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Frog Brother

The nike shop (champion sports) on grafton street have a hi-vis running t-shirt on sale for €23, it looks pretty good, would definetly be more comfortable in warm weather or when wet than the work wear T. Running clothing is always good to look at as they have most of the same needs as cyclists. Maybe a high-vis T with a reflective mesh vest above.

NS YES HI-VIS is nearly essential for city cycling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

T-shirts came the other day and look good. It is proper 3M scotchlite stuff. But she has since put the price up on new acuctions
    Running clothing is always good to look at as they have most of the same needs as cyclists.
    My jacket is a cycling one, it is more likely that a cycling one will suit a runner rather than vice versa. i.e. my cycling one has a bib thing on the back to cover your arse, so it doesnt ride up when hunched over.

Good price now for XL anyway

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=11427

Advertisement