Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-February 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Fog just clearing here, 1.0C on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Min of -4 this morning. Lovely sunny day. Was 8.7 a while ago; now back to 7.7.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Peaked at 6.2°C, lovely afternoon out there.
    Hard to believe that in about three hours its likely to be zub zero again.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Gorgeous day here as well. Hazy sunshine. Got down to -3.6c in the small hours. Currently 4.9c after peak of 5.4c.
    With a stronger moonlight tonight it is just going to be beautiful (Providing the cloud stays away).

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

went hillwalking this afternoon ,great day in the sun but freezing in the shade, sat nite min -1.1c cur 7.1c,going to be a cold one tnite for all ,could well be the coldest of the winter for me .:Dimage001qd9.jpg

• Advertisement

The race to zero is on!
    Currently 3.4°C, am about 10 minutes ahead of yesterday when I got to zero just after 18:00

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Low temp this morning of -5.8C with a max this afternoon of 8.8C

Now back to 4.9C but not dropping as quickly as yesterday evening which seen a drop of just over 4C between 5pm and 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Yesterday temp at 17:15 was 5.0C
    Today temp at 17:15 is.........5.0C

6.3 hours sunshine, max of 8.0C

Cloud has moved over, the temperature slide will be slow

4.6C

Mothman wrote: »
    Cloud has moved over, the temperature slide will be slow

4.6C

Damn, I thought I saw clouds to the south and west and was hoping it was just mist.
    Going to be here soon then, hopefully will get subzero first though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea muck has moved in here from the sea.

Bah , cloud incoming here too, about 4 octas right now and shortly to be 8 from the looks :(

Longfield wrote: »
    Damn, I thought I saw clouds to the south and west and was hoping it was just mist.
    Going to be here soon then, hopefully will get subzero first though.
    The clouds seem to be few and far between down this side,though theres a bank of them to the southeast towards the Irish sea.
    It's mostly clear though.
    Temp is responding slowly.
    Currently 3.2c

Dropped to 0.1°, now up slightly to 0.2°C, damn clouds!
    Hopefully will clear later, satellite doesnt show them at all.

Down to about 3 oktas

3.0C

-0.1°C, hopefully the cloud will continue to clear.

The clouds seem to be few and far between down this side,though theres a bank of them to the southeast towards the Irish sea.
    It's mostly clear though.
    Temp is responding slowly.
    Currently 3.2c

Same thing happened here this time yesterday which kept temps over freezing point til about 11pm. Hopefully the cloud will clear down there as it did here last night.

Temp now +0.5c and falling only very slowly. Haze is very thick, wouldn't be surprised if it thickened to cloud later. Either way the most fantastic sunset I have seen here this year earlier, the tone of light over the countryside afterwards was surreal. Days like this I wish I had a camera.:o

Sub zero, -0.6C

Still not down to this mornings 9am reading of -1.2C which would have been tomorrow's min if tonight stayed warmer.

And as I feared, low cloud/fog just moved in now with a breeze:mad: Temp now -0.3c, but will probably rise again shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Talk of -6 on the weather summary at 8pm.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

3.8 here now with that cloud; was 1.7 about 3 hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Wind ENE at 5-8 mph and broken cloud filling in.
    Temp at 4.5C

the wind picked up at sunset and ruined my chance of ice , fcek it ,1.8c:mad:

kerry1960 wrote: »
    the wind picked up at sunset and ruined my chance of ice , fcek it ,1.8c:mad:
    lovely clear nite otherwise

Fog has now destroyed what would have otherwise have been the coldest night for me this Feb, temp now above freezing again at +0.4c and rising. Fog spitefully arrived just in time to stop the temp falling below -1c.

Normally on a moonlit night such as tonight I would be running around the fields naked and howling, but tonight the fog is so thick I will probably end up running into a tree and knocking myself out.

Bloody fog. :mad:

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    Fog has now destroyed what would have otherwise have been the coldest night for me this Feb, temp now above freezing again at +0.4c and rising. Fog spitefully arrived just in time to stop the temp falling below -1c.

Normally on a moonlit night such as tonight I would be running around the fields naked and howling, but tonight the fog is so thick I will probably end up running into a tree and knocking myself out.

Bloody fog. :mad:
    jeez paddy what can i say ,i suppose every cloud has a silver lining,anyway moving swiftly on ye all will im sure be delighted to know the breeze died off and the temp dropped just as fast ,i'm sub zero ........-0.4c:D:D

traffic gone very quiet on the forum, ah well i'm on the evening shift this week so can relax till late. just woke up the dog and dragged it out for short walk up the hill , it really is a lovely nite , dead calm , bright , heavy hoar frost , -0.7c , not going to break any records tnite as i hoped but it could be one of the last cold ones for a while ,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Managed to get a brief dip to -1.0c for about half an hour during the night (around 4 to 4.30am). Must have been a hole in the cloud - the rest of the night was in the main above freezing.

Current temp here is +2.2c - I see on the NRA Baltinglass is currently -8.7c !!

Baltinglass in a frost hollow, but an impressive temp all the same.

Impressive as well in my grass min last night, -11.1C, lower than previous night, this despite the the air min being more than 1C higher at -2.7C

Still sub zero. Have just witnessed a very yellow part of dawn. It only lasted 10 minutes, but was a lovely sight, possible something similar to what Paddy mentioned at 7:24pm yesterday evening.

• Advertisement

Getting close to records now with regard to air frosts.
    9 so far this month, highest on record is 10
    Feb 07 & Jan 01
    I had 9 in Dec 07 and with the 5 in Jan 08, this is my 2nd frostiest winter on record. 2 more air frosts would equal the 25 recorded 00-01 winter.

Records back to late 99

Advertisement