Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-February 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Started brightish under milky sky which is now grey.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

An air frost beckons, temperature falling very fast, one degree past 10 minutes,
    Currently 2.2C
    Almost needless to say, clear and almost calm.

Wind is picking up, and this will probably stall the fall in temperature, but I think I'll record air frost before atlantic air reaches.

4.8c here under clear skies
    sw at 3mph.

Now 4.4C and rising as quick as it fell!!

6.3C, sky still clear

• Advertisement

6.4C, but wind has suddenly gone calm, so I can expect the slide downwards again

Since last report, temperature fell to 2.8C, but has risen back up to 5.9C now.
    All due to Katabatic breeze, a regular occurance here and is to blame for this mad temperature fluctuations

No air frost, min 0.6C
    23 grass frosts in Feb, highest on record for any month (since Nov 99), as is the 12 air frosts

Currently 7.5C, rain just started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tipping down, windy, mild.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Back to normal today.Wind and rain all morning with some beefy gusts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Overcast and windy. Not raining but everywhere is wet. Run of the mill sort of day. 10.8c and pressure 999.5 mb falling quickly.

12.5C and rising.
    Rain has cleared, but getting windier. Gale gusts now (Gusts 39mph+), 10 min mean 24mph

4.1mm rain today, within a mm of not being driest Feb in my records. 32mm so far.

Full on gale now with clouds changing from stratus to cumulous. An intense looking evening. Temp highest it's been all day at 11.7c. Pressure steadied at 990.1 mb

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Very windy here now with big gusts.

High winds are being experienced across the country, gusts between 45-60mph
    are becoming widespread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Saw the following on the 16:00 report for Dublin Airport on the NOAA site:

11 AM (16) Feb 29 51 (11) 50 (10) 29.41 (0996) WSW 32 low drifting

What is "low drifting"?

Just back after rescuing a neighbours trampoline that had broken its moorings, crashed through 2 fences and was en route to......

Fortunately, it had collapsed, because I don't think there would have been a hope of retaining it otherwise.

Mean 27mph, gust 50mph.
    13.2C, max 13.7C

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very windy here, windows knocking and whistling, great stuff :)
    Storm before the calm ..currently 11.1°C (hopefully about to dive south in 48 hours)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

highdef wrote: »
    Saw the following on the 16:00 report for Dublin Airport on the NOAA site:

11 AM (16) Feb 29 51 (11) 50 (10) 29.41 (0996) WSW 32 low drifting

What is "low drifting"?
    Ever get grit in your eyes. This describes the aviation term of low level dust blowing around in that metar above, not good for jet engines. Also it could be snow or sand etc.

Temp rising again and now 13.7C, equalling highest of day.

Wind is stronger,
    10 min mean 30mph, gust 51mph

Wind is really becoming a feature here now,, wasn't really expecting it to be this strong. probably associated with that squall line just to the north of me.
    latest_radar.gif
    Temp steady at 11.1c. Pressure beginning to rise.

• Advertisement

Wind too has picked up again here, gusting up to 35mph.
    That band is pushing southwards and intensifying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Intense squally conditions here in N Louth ATM....was driving back from the chippie and the car was all over the road, traffic lights shaking in the wind too and really blinding rain.
    Night for the fire...

edit] lol the rain is going sideways. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a rap of thunder...

Jeese i think that must be near here, doors shaking wind howling, hope the fecking roof doesnt fly away!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Gimme this weather anyday over a sunny one :p

Gust 53mph
    12.7C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Just had my second highest gust since my records started (Dec '06). 53km/h which is not accurate as my wind vane is surrounded by trees. It really is wild out there. Wind is howling through the trees around the house. The roof just came off the chicken shed! - Had to move the hens one by one into the garage for the night!!

A

arctictree wrote: »
    Just had my second highest gust since my records started (Dec '06). 53km/h which is not accurate as my wind vane is surrounded by trees. It really is wild out there. Wind is howling through the trees around the house. The roof just came off the chicken shed! - Had to move the hens one by one into the garage for the night!!

A

Lol arctictree, bet that was an interesting experience, I've mental images of you chasing hens all over your garden with the wind getting them semi airborn!

My hens don't bother with the house, they roost up in a tree :eek:

10 min mean 33mph, Gust 53

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Cranes we have in work were showing a max gust of just under 140kmph. Granted, they are pretty high with the weather station right at the top.

• Advertisement

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Cranes we have in work were showing a max gust of just under 140kmph. Granted, they are pretty high with the weather station right at the top.

What wind speed does work stop at?

Dublin AP reporting full gale.

Advertisement