Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-February 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

IIRC, it's 120kmp/h

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Gust 43mph with 10 mean avg of 26mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Update: Chicken shed has now been blown over and tomorrow it will be converted to firewood!

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

bennyx_o wrote: »
    IIRC, it's 120kmp/h
    Thanks, somewhat higher than I'd have expected.

Pressure rising
    Wind is veering a little, mean still about 30mph.
    Temp 12.7C

arctictree wrote: »
    Update: Chicken shed has now been blown over and tomorrow it will be converted to firewood!

A
    Good job the roof came off first and you rescued the fowl :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

A
    Where will you put the chickens tomorrow when the wind dies down?

Eh..its windy and stuff ..back to the chickens!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

We are getting battered by strong winds down here.

Rain just about to hit here and its very gusty now.

Longfield wrote: »
    Where will you put the chickens tomorrow when the wind dies down?

I have a spare chicken shed flat packed in the garage. (Yes - well prepared up here!). Wind still howling.....

A

Utter madness down here.
    My 6ft off the ground just picked up a 51mph gust-meaning if it was at 30ft like is standard it could be gusting to 70mph out there.
    It certainly sounds like it.
    The howling of it!
    A shower went through earlier that was furious in the wind.
    The light is also dimming a lot so I guess If this storm continues I might be using the generator soon.

• Advertisement

Wind is gusting over 40mph consistently and rain is just light atm.The heavier stuff is just to the north for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Died down a lot here, I think there is a mini gust front before the main event.
    Mini may be more wind potent than the the main - its just breezy out now than gusty

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Electricity gone in parts of Wicklow Town!!

Looking at the radar the rain band broke apart overhead here. Not much fell from it and wind has died down alot.

Snowbie wrote: »
    Looking at the radar the rain band broke apart overhead here. Not much fell from it and wind has died down alot.

Absolutely bucketing down here now. Somehow the radar seems to show that shower missing north Dublin. Snowbie - imagine how you'd be feeling if that was a snow band!

Temp down to 8.9c here now..

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just had the first creaking roof moment! :eek:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Cranes we have in work were showing a max gust of just under 140kmph. Granted, they are pretty high with the weather station right at the top.

Here's something I've always wondered; during high winds all gantry cranes seem to end up pointing the same way...do the operators leave them like this intentionally or are they automatically controlled with a vane or something?

On topic; windy asd hell here still but rain has subsided.

Temp drop as front passes.
    12.7C a few minuites ago, now 11.3C with some rain, probably enough rain to ensure it isn't driest Feb in my records.

Absolutely bucketing down here now. Somehow the radar seems to show that shower missing north Dublin. Snowbie - imagine how you'd be feeling if that was a snow band!

Temp down to 8.9c here now..

A
    Too right. I've lost count on how many times that has happened before.It just fizzled out as it hit the N Dublin forcefield:rolleyes:

Mothman wrote: »
    Temp drop as front passes.
    12.7C a few minuites ago, now 11.3C with some rain, probably enough rain to ensure it isn't driest Feb in my records.
    At the passage of the front here about 2050 the lowest pressure was at 994mb now up to 996mb and rising rapidly as it does when a cold front moves through.

Temp at 10.4c and falling steadily.

• Advertisement

Just got up to 51mph again there.
    Biggest gust at 915pm was 58mph and a record for my poor little 6ft high wind vain.
    Absolutely howling down here still

Not as bad as earlier but is still gusting up to 27mph

Biggest gust at 915pm was 58mph and a record for my poor little 6ft high wind vain.
    That is a gust!
    Nothing like that here. Max 53mph and that's at 10m.

This shower is quite prolonged ,but its not particularly heavy.
    10.2C

Mothman wrote: »
    That is a gust!
    Nothing like that here. Max 53mph and that's at 10m.

This shower is quite prolonged ,but its not particularly heavy.
    10.2C
    Indeed.
    Suffice it to say,I think we have a gale down here!
    I'm looking at the monitor and it seems to be 6 or7 times out of 10 well above 40mph
    Theres a 48 as I type

Edit the lights are dimming like mad here so I may not be online much longer and I sure as hell ain't going out in the black dark to hook up the Genny.
    Last time I was out,I was both drowned wet and there were branches and things flying around :eek:

Now its gusting back up to the 34mph and the temp holding at 10.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Stuck my head out there and witnessed one insane gust, thought the trees were just going to take off, the sounds of those planes attempting to land in Dublin Airport is scary.....

Proper rough out there/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

wow sustained severe gales here now, really havent seen such winds a while, severe stuff, 70mph gusts for sure.

A temp drop of over 2C in a few minutes and still dropping. A moderate shower has passed through here and gusts over 30mph again.

Temp down to 6.1C

Gusts over 40mph once again.

• Advertisement

Not as severe generally as earlier but still pretty constantly gale force here.
    Power has stayed on.
    Highest gust in the last half hour or so was 47mph with many above 40mph.

I'm expecting some damage in the morning when I look around.

Advertisement