Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-February 2008

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Recorded a gust of 103.2 kp/h here yesterday evening, however didn't notice it until I checked the max/mins on the station console due to my crappy C coding.

The program I wrote to pull the data via serial and update my graphs recorded it as 10.3 kp/h due to it expecting the data as XX.X kp/h!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

March thread opened

Continue to post Feb reports (monthly or otherwise) here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Wertz wrote: »
    Here's something I've always wondered; during high winds all gantry cranes seem to end up pointing the same way...do the operators leave them like this intentionally or are they automatically controlled with a vane or something?

On topic; windy asd hell here still but rain has subsided.
    We don't have gantry cranes so I can't answer that, sorry. We have RTG cranes, and Mobile Harbour cranes. (Container terminal in Dublin Port)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Ah. I am using the right term for building/construction site cranes as being gantry's right?

On topic: I've no recording devices but I know what a 60mph gust sounds like in the chimney and we defo had a good 2 hours worth of those gusts between 12 and 2am last night.

Advertisement