Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-February 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Wow, what a temp rise earlier.

1.0C at 4:40
    8.4C at 5:20

I have to look at my record books again, I suspect 30 minute record for temp rise.

Max of 8.8C at 5:28, the min as stated above 1.0C

Now 7.7C and breezy and dry

BTW, nearly 7mm overnight before the temp drop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

14C in OC of So Cal. Clear night with slight wind. Warmer predictions throughout the week.:cool:

Mothman wrote: »

I have to look at my record books again, I suspect 30 minute record for temp rise.
    Confirmed!
    7.0C rise in 30 minutes, beating 6.7C sometime in 2004.
    15 minute record not quite broken, this morning 5.0C rise, recorded a 5.2C rise last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I was in a friends car and it showed a temperature of 3c on the dashboard device. i thought it was inaccurate because it had been realtively mild earlier on. however, later on i was looking at the lampost window and there was sleety snow falling. it didn't last long- about twenty minutes - before it turned back to rain. So can anyone explain to me why it got so cold over such a short space of time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mainly damp.

Front has passed through and now its bright and colder.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

NACHO: Cold upper air forced down in the rain/sleet/snow.

Thunderstorm here now - sky is BLACK! Good rumbes too!

God, this is getting vicious - looks like fork lightning too! - 3 seconds between flash and boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Just had a really heavy hail shower. Temp down to 4.5c. My broadband is out so no updates to my website...

A

arctictree wrote: »
    Just had a really heavy hail shower. Temp down to 4.5c. My broadband is out so no updates to my website...

A

I'm just getting the southern part of this shower.

8.7C, no hail yet

YES, Hail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yep raining cats and dogs here, caught that hail shower too, just got out of the car and the heavens opened, pretty cool :)

Rain rate currently 20.2mm/hr which aint bad at all.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Just stayed to the south of me.Very dark looking sky with mammatus.
    7.9c and falling

6.3C, heavy rain just arriving, only had edge of shower till now.

Rain rate 22mm/hr
    Temp levelled off. 6.2C

Roads are going to be lethal in the morning with this late rain unlikely to evaporate.

Then again, maybe there will be sneachta falling later on frozen ground......

Is that a pig I see flying overhead?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Oink Oink! :D

Could there have been a mini-tornado over a nearby farm? :eek:

/I'll get my coat/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Flood warnings throughout the night in central Illinois, plain ol' nasty weather outside! Mix of snow and rain for the next week or so and probably longer.
    Current radar with snow on the way for tomorrow.

368863627955344261831621_untitled.jpg

So much for the cold day - its pretty decent out there. Any frost was very light and had gone by 9.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Temp down to -1.4c this morning, rising quickly now at 2.2c. A sunny morning with just a thin veil of cirrus that is thickening all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Lovely day out. Temp up to 10.4C and very low humidity, only 45%. Dewpoint is at -1C

• Advertisement

Sunny 10C,
    DP 0C, humidity 50%
    1027mb, steady

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Humidity now down to 41%. Temp at 10.3C, dp -2.5C

trogdor wrote: »
    Humidity now down to 41%. Temp at 10.3C, dp -2.5C
    I think this is actually a case though where the air temp despite such a minus dewpoint will rule out snow :p

Here it's 8.6c
    The RH is 52% and the dp is,I'm not sure yet as I've only just turned the pc on again and the software is loading the data(19% of data loaded...) :D
    It's more than likely negative though.

9.2c
    Dp -1.1c
    50% RH
    1026.9mb

Lovely clear sunny day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Beautiful day today :) Long may it last... something tells me it won't though :(

I think my console is dying, twice in the last few days I've had to remove batteries and mains to get signal back. Have replaced battery in station also :(

At least the dollar:euro rate is good these days...

Currently 5.0°C and not much happening outside.

Even the lithuim battery on the iss too? there is two batts on the iss the lithuim is under the white cover inside the housing.

Am almost 100% sure its not the iss as power cycling the console always gets signal back. Sometimes giving it a shake or wiggling the ariel will do the same too.
    Can't afford to replace it anyhow right now, that will have to wait another couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Temp has fallen again to 5.6c after reaching 7.9c earlier, though it is forecast to rise again later. Dewpoint of 3.4c. Feels cold. Getting windy now with heavy rain after glorious day.

1021.8mb now falling.

• Advertisement

Raining since midevening.

Mike.

Advertisement