Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-February 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Cloudy and dry here now as it has been all day. It is actually nicer than sunshine with a slight haze giving a red hue to the sky. Another beautiful evening. Strangely the temp only peaked at 7.9c today, was expecting it to be warmer. Temp now 7.3c, with a crispy smell outside. Perfect.

Pressure is 1030.3 mb and falling slowly. Humidity is 86%.

More of this I want :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Cloudy all day, but this has cleared, and at 1.8C, heading for an air frost. Max only 9.8C, but very pleasant as the wind was light or calm all day

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Sunny here most of the afternoon and felt pleasant with a high of 12.1C.

Cold and frosty now, temp currently -0.2C.

-2C foggy earlier.

sun is up, very frosty

foggy and frosty here and sunny aswell with a beautifull blue sky overhead with some wispy high cloud and the fog hedge high in the fields and the ground white with frost.
    Temp is 1.5c and actually falling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lovely day up here. Feels like a sunny day in April. 11c ATM and wall to wall sunshine!!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Was -2.1 overnight; foggy first thing but cleared early; now sunny blue skies and 13.5.

Low of -2.1C here too overnight, very frosty first thing.

A little hazy now but still a glorious day, temp up to 11.4C.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Got to 10.7c for awhile but has dropped back now.
    Fantastic day all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fine day, cold night no doubt!

Mike.

• Advertisement

arctictree wrote: »
    Lovely day up here. Feels like a sunny day in April. 11c ATM and wall to wall sunshine!!

A

Same down near coast

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Max. temp here today 11.0c at 3pm - falling away now.

Really heavy frost last night - min. only -0.2c.

Full days sunshine, more than 8hrs.

Max 11.7, now just dipped below 8C, grass temp -2C, 10C difference in 1.2m.

Heading for another air frost tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Lovely day here to. Temp max of 11.0c earlier, now falling slowly but steadily at 8.6c. It is weird to see a blue sky, It's been so long.:)
    Pressure is 1028.4 mb and steady.

Just gone sub zero.
    I may see coldest night of year. -3.1C to beat, though I think the coldest of winter, -4.2c on 20th Dec is safe.

It's rare that I have a colder min than you mothman,I'm thinking of the half hours snow event in early january with the -4.5c.
    Thats a record that will be safe for a while here I think this year anyhow.

Currently 2.9c here
    Though it was a lovely day,todays max didnt get into double figures-max was 9.9c

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Temp fall slowed right down, currently hovering around 0.9°C.
    Humidity quite high, wouldnt be surprised to see freezing fog around some areas by morning.
    I could almost swear I can smell the sea in the air too, probably why its so damp out.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fog decending here slowly. Cold.

Mike.

Sub zero.......again, having been above 4C since last report.
    Min so far -0.4C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

6.1c atm.Wind SE at 3-6mph.
    Not as the extreme range in temp as back in Dec but the airport is 3c colder than here again but is experiencing more of an east wind this time round.

Feels cold than it is with a lot of moisture in the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Well Dublin airport is reporting 5c at 1am and I am at 5.1 and steady. Temp here is usually very similar to the airport. mainly as I am very close to it. I can see the red "DUBLIN" sign on the airport terminal from the apt.

Temp is rising here. It's hovering between 5.4 and 5.5 now. I really thought it was going to much colder than this right now!

Down now to -1.9C just over the other side of the city. I noticed when I got home from work that the AP was reporting 4C and Casement was at 8C while I was at 2C.

Seems to be reversed now with Casement at 0C and the AP at 5C.

Thats some difference in temperature over such a short distance. Temp here is now at 5.5, Dublin airport is also at 5. Casement is at 0c. The NRA weather station is reporting 6.5c at the M50/M1 interchange whilst at M50 Blanchardstown interchange, its reporting only 0.4c, a difference of over 6c over just a few KM. The Blanch weather station is at the N3/M50 intersection so I would imagine there is some major cold pooling of air going on around the place right now. Probably the same with Saggart. Very interesting indeed. If Snowbie was still up, I reckon he'd be hopping in his car to drive around the city and see the temp fluctuating wildly everywhere!!! ;)

Air min -2.7C
    Grass min -8.0C

Sun is up, very frosty

Currently -1.6C

Very frosty here also.
    Min at approx 6am was -0.2c
    Now 2.7c
    Absolutely beautifull like yesterday morning with the fog lifting out of the white frost covered fields about 6ft or so and the sun shining out of a golden blue sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Looking set to be another gorgeous day in Dublin :) Was very cold and frosty while I was waiting on the bus :o But sure enough, the sun was popping up as I was hopping off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Milder last night - air temp didn't go below freezing but there was a good frost this morning.

Min of -2.2C overnight, now up to 10.2C and another glorious day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Only fell to 1.1C here last night.
    highdef wrote: »
    Thats some difference in temperature over such a short distance. Temp here is now at 5.5, Dublin airport is also at 5. Casement is at 0c. The NRA weather station is reporting 6.5c at the M50/M1 interchange whilst at M50 Blanchardstown interchange, its reporting only 0.4c, a difference of over 6c over just a few KM. The Blanch weather station is at the N3/M50 intersection so I would imagine there is some major cold pooling of air going on around the place right now. Probably the same with Saggart. Very interesting indeed. If Snowbie was still up, I reckon he'd be hopping in his car to drive around the city and see the temp fluctuating wildly everywhere!!! ;)

I noticed that last night coming back from the airport. Somewhere on the M50 don't know where exactly wasn't paying too much attention. The temp dropped from 6.5C to 1.5C in just 2 or 3 minutes.

Advertisement