Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-February 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

@ highdef,i was well tucked up at that time. So the temp actually rose during the night at the AP while mine fell to 2.8c. Is like a blanket of cold air was moving around and sinking in the north of the county this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

I drove from my house to the airport this morning. Temperature varied from 0c to 7c en route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wall to wall sun but pretty chill if not in it.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Slight fog only cleared here in the afternoon after a heavy ground frost so temp max only occured an hour ago of 9.7c. Clear and hazy again now with temp now 8.3c and falling slowly. Air temp only got down to -0.3c last night, hopefully will be cooler tonight.

Pressure is 1033.7mb and steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Some massive temperature difference this morning. The field about 20 metres away from my station (which was registering around 0° and the car thermometer agreed) was foggy and -2°C this morning and just up the road before Roundwood the car was registering -3°C and everything trees , ditches etc were coated white, but as yesterday just beyond Roundwood, as the road rose up, the frost vanished totally, even on the fields.

I'm sure theres going to be similar conditions again tomorrow morning, amazing brilliant stuff.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

No clouds seen today. 8.6h sunshine.

Warm as well with max of 13.2C giving temp range of 15.9C, highest on record outside of May to Sep period

Almost down to air again, currently 0.8C and calm

Now air frost

Temp now 1.8c and falling only slowly with a dewpoint of 0.4c. Frost beginning to appear on car and shed roof. I am suprised the fog isn't back yet. Though with temp and dewpoint so close no doubt it will form soon.

3.3c and falling a wee bit quicker as wind dropped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Just heading to bed now as have a few bits and pieces to do tomorrow before I head to sunny and chilly Prague for a few days ( looks like very cold nights coming up towards the weekend :) ) - Anyway, temp here is 4.9c and steady. Good night everyone :D

• Advertisement

2.8c and frost forming slightly on the decking.

As you were the past 2 mornings. Frosty, -2.5C
    Sun will be up in 10 minutes.

A little haze, but no clouds

min was +2.1c
    good ground frost but not near as hard as yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Slightly less cold again last night - min 1.4, only a light frost. Near city centre now and fog is lasting longer than previous days.

Min of 1.7c which is 1c colder than previous night. A decent frost covering but the fog this morning was a challenge to drive in. Flat calm out and this will hang around for another hour or two yet.

Temp now 2.3c after a low of -1.0c an hour ago. Didn't fall below freezing til 6.30am. Frost lingering in the shade. Unlike yesterday there is no fog, but very hazy which just makes the sky and landscape a lot more nicer and mellow than it would if it was the usual blinding, wet glare.

Warmer today, screen max 13.8C, AWS 14.2C

Valentia 15C as it was yesterday.
    Mean windspeed today, a very low 0.4mph

After a station record high temp at Shannon earlier this month, today may well have seen more station records going.

15C at Belmullet at 2pm and 16C at Kilkenny at 3pm.

Falling slowly here, 11.8C, clear with some haze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lots of sun but not much heat unless in it. 18.4c in some place in Wales yesterday. Looks like cloud will be more of a feature in the next few days.

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    Looks like cloud will be more of a feature in the next few days.
    To be honest, I wouldn't mind. I have had 3 days of clear skies and the sky just seems empty. Cloud and haze from the continent usually brings a pleasant glow to this part of the county. (sorry,being a bit imby here:o)

Temp reached 11.5c today here, so no records broken. Felt very warm though. Clear and sunny. Haze seems to have lifted a bit so sunshine is a bit more in your face. 9.5c now.

Pressure is 1036.6 mb and now beginning to fall very slowly. Peaked at 1037.6 mb around noon.

• Advertisement

Dropping fairly fast to air frost.

2.6C
    8.4C an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Pretty widespread frost this morning, seemed to be a bit colder than yesterday generally, at least on my journey into work. Was even frost in Loughlinstown which is pretty rare. Was foggy there too, that I could do without in the car. Humidities were very low today - hopefully fog won't be as widespread tonight.

Stratus muck on the way for tomorrow evening anyhow so this may be the last of the clear nights here in the east for a while.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

down to 2.2C, then wind picked up and temp is back up to above 4C

Max of 12.2c
    Atm 4.5c and variable wind at 1mph.

Temp has stagnated around 2.0c now. I suspect yet another light frost tonight. Bring back Feb 86 I say. I was only a kid, but God do i remember it.

Ah yes Feb 86, I don't think the ice melted all month.

Back to today, Almost air frost 0.3C

3.3c and the mist thickening again. Very damp out and wouldn be surprised if a heavy fog formed in the next couple of hours. Dead calm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Lovely day; min 1.4, max 13.8, now 4.8.

Clear overhead, but a lot more cloud about.

Similar min to past 4 mornings
    -2.8C, Grass min -9.5C
    previous mornings have been
    -2.5, -8.2
    -2.7, -8.0
    -2.5, -7.6

Currently temp is stil just below zero.

• Advertisement

Good hard frost here again but again with an above zero min.
    Currently 4c and sunny but with a lot more cloud noticeable and actually increasing hour by hour.

Advertisement