Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-February 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

1.7c but breeze is a blowing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Been clear here all evening but the temp is falling away fairly slowly. Now 0.6C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

My broadband is out (typical). On a backup GPRS dialup now. Temp currently -2.8c

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

arctictree wrote: »
    My broadband is out (typical). On a backup GPRS dialup now. Temp currently -2.8c

A

And Ashford -2.6C
    Annamoe -2.2C

Temp with me did rise up to -2.1C and was at that temp for 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Arctictree sent me some Roundwood air in the post, currently -2.5°C .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Longfield wrote: »
    Arctictree sent me some Roundwood air in the post, currently -2.5°C .

(Broadband back :) )Yep, getting cooler here - temp now -2.9c

TBH - would love some snow pretty soon! This year has been a bit of a disaster. We've had the conditions but have missed out on the precip. Hopefully, winter has a final blast around the corner...

A

arctictree wrote: »
    (Broadband back :) )Yep, getting cooler here - temp now -2.9c

TBH - would love some snow pretty soon! This year has been a bit of a disaster. We've had the conditions but have missed out on the precip. Hopefully, winter has a final blast around the corner...

A

Second that!, no sign of anything remotely like snow on the horizon though, this has been a poor winter :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Down to -3.2C now, coldest it's been here so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

-1.6 here now. Back to clear skies again today. Max today was 10.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

10:50 temp just dropped to 4.1c , so 31hrs 50mins with a temp variation of only 2c (6.2c 4.2c)that must be some sort of record, no danger of a frost here so to the boardies with ice, enjoy it . missed the start of kerry/tyrone match in tralee tnite owing to passenger delay,(cow calving , mother and daughter doing well) so in a few minutes heading for tralee to celebrate........we won .......nite:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Just gone sub-zero here for only the second time this year. First was on the 4th of Jan when it went down to -2.6C. Good hard frost out already.

-3.5c here ATM. Wouldn't be surprised if we go below -4c here tonight.

0.5c and still dropping,skates and a bucket of water and at the ready.

Flat calm out.

Rapidly going the other way, a bit of a breeze, -0.7C, bottomed out at -2.8C

trogdor wrote: »
    Just gone sub-zero here for only the second time this year. First was on the 4th of Jan when it went down to -2.6C. Good hard frost out already.

Thats mad - I've had 29 days with an air frost so far this winter. Measurements are from midnight to midnight so, some nights might be double recorded (we had a discussion about this). Amazing the difference from Bray to an elevated rural area.

A

Currently -2.7°C, -4°C is possible yet.

Just gone sub zero here.

Edit:and the wind from the SW which should let the temp fall further.

Off to the leaba now, -3.2°C - thats pretty great (I will run around outside before the leaba).

Long way to go to -5.6°C in January however looks like it wont be a long way from there tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Just back from the city, cloud cleared at last. Temp here now falling, but very slowly, currently -2.1c, though I doubt I will beat my January low of -6.4c on the 4th. Frost in the city too, was deadly to see the frost reforming on the windscreen as soon as I cleared it off. Really a rare and beautiful night out with a slight haze and bright moonlight. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-3.2c here at the moment. I see Dublin AP is currently at -6.0C!

• Advertisement

Cloudy now, which means it may take a long time to warm up this morning. A beautiful hoar frost on everything.
    Min -3.8C, not quite as low as anticipated, but lowest of the year.

Currently -2.9C

Dublin AP min to 6am -6.4C
    Mullingar -5.1C
    Casement -4.9C

A cold morning for the capital.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hi Mothman

Where do you get the exact temperatures for the weather stations from?

Have just seen the mins from the local stations.
    Annamoe -3.9C
    Roundwood -3.7C
    Ashford -3.8C

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Hi Mothman

Where do you get the exact temperatures for the weather stations from?

Ogimet

Cheers - haven't seen that one before.

What a lovely frosty morning. Min was -2.2C

Sun making an impact, just gone above zero.

Grass min this morning -10.9C, 3rd lowest on record (since 2002)
    The 2 lower were both in Feb last year.

9am
    -3 to -4C across much of country at 9am with mist and fog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blindingly bright, fairly thick hoare frost which vanishes as the sun hits. Could get quite warm later in the sun.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Heavy frost this morning in Sligo. De-iced the car at about 0825 and the windscreen had re-frozen withing 5 minutes.

Advertisement