Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integrating paypal into website.

Options
  • 01-02-2008 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Anyone done this? Is it relatively easy?

I want to sell a CD on a bands website i've created: www.moretinygiants.com

What kind of PayPal business account do i need to buy and how much is it? How much work is involved in setting something like this up?

the site (link above) is running wordpress if that makes any difference.

thanks again..

danny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

have you read all this?

This seems to be their easiest option?

I've never worked with paypal, but from reading whats on their site, it actually all seems really really easy

I've integrated realex payment gateways into irish sites before, there can be a fair bit of tooing-and-fro ing? :D while testing etc
    but paypal looks like a nice package.

Its all free anyway, so sign up and see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

You'll need to get a paypal account .. which will require a credit card ...
    depending on the volume of sales you expect to generate ? (I'm assuming low enough for the moment???)

Sign up ... Use credit card ... upgrade account to Merchant which will allow people to just use their creditcard and not require a paypal account ... integrate it to your site ... either use their page to process or you can use the API to send back and forth details to paypal.

Thats it at it most basic ...

ianhobo wrote: »
    have you read all this?

Its all free anyway, so sign up and see how it goes

got distracted while posting and you beat me to it ...

I'd take his advice though ... its quite handy to get it up and running ...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭dbrowne9212

cheers guys...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if you want , i can provide you with an easier way of selling MP3s trough a band website / myspace completely free

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    if you want , i can provide you with an easier way of selling MP3s trough a band website / myspace completely free

There are always processing fees on credit card transactions ... so not completely free :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

forbairt wrote: »
    There are always processing fees on credit card transactions ... so not completely free :D

very true, let me rephrase that then.

I can provide you with a solution so you can sell on your website and myspace / bebo minus transaction charges (which are cheaper than paypals) and you will get 100% of profit after transaction charge

Advertisement