Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement Present???

Options
  • 01-02-2008 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine recently got engaged and I'm wondering what would be an appropriate present. We're not that close, it's more that we share a mutual friend but since that mutual friend has moved away we still keep in contact, so I suppose you could describe us as casual friends. They will be coming to ours for dinner in a couple of weeks so I'd like to give them something then, I just don't know what! I was thinking of giving them a gift voucher for a restaurant but €50 wouldn't really be enough, would €100 be a bit much? They don't live together so anything 'house related' wouldn't really be suitable. I'd really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Edit: They're fairly young, around 23/24 if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

A friend of mine recently got engaged and I'm wondering what would be an appropriate present. We're not that close, it's more that we share a mutual friend but since that mutual friend has moved away we still keep in contact, so I suppose you could describe us as casual friends. They will be coming to ours for dinner in a couple of weeks so I'd like to give them something then, I just don't know what! I was thinking of giving them a gift voucher for a restaurant but €50 wouldn't really be enough, would €100 be a bit much? They don't live together so anything 'house related' wouldn't really be suitable. I'd really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Edit: They're fairly young, around 23/24 if that helps.

Eh, nothing! Is that really cheap? Will you be invited to wedding, if so then you'll have to fork out hundreds for day and present. You don't even sound like a close enough friend to be invited to wedding. Are they having an engagement party that you're going to? I would maybe at dinner produce a nice bottle of champagne to celebrate but I don't think i'd buy a present as such. In my group we just buy wedding presents, something small and personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Bottle of bubbly.

Advertisement