Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healing Piercing

Options
  • 01-02-2008 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey All

Got a piercing in my navel bout 4 weeks ago now. Its not the normal navel piercing its at the right hand side.
    Any way its been fine but the last couple days its pretty red, everything is pretty normal with it the lymph etc is fine no signs of infection but the redness is startin to worry me cos I have to have it healed in 2 weeks to get the next one.

So do any of ye have any tips to speed up the healing process and reduce the redness?

Im cleaning it the required amount all directions from piercer being followed just looking for extra info really :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd say it's just a little irritated/angry from getting rubbed by your clothing most likely, but obviously can't be 100% sure on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Poppy84

I'd say it's just a little irritated/angry from getting rubbed by your clothing most likely, but obviously can't be 100% sure on that.

yeh that prob has something to do with it just want it to heal so i can get the whole piece finished soon.......patience is a virtue i know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I can understand that! :D

What else you getting done to go with it?

getting three piercings in total so when its complete the peircngs will form a star around my navel

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Poppy84 wrote: »
    Hey All
    So do any of ye have any tips to speed up the healing process and reduce the redness?

Im cleaning it the required amount all directions from piercer being followed just looking for extra info really :D

First of all it can take even few months to heal it completely.

When I got my piercing done I also got a special gel to speed up healing.
    Additionaly I read somewhere that you can dissolve sea salt in warm water to clean the area[I tried it and it works pretty well].
    And as someone already mentioned you need to avoid tight clothes as they can be rubbing your piercing and causing redness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

sorry for hijacking! but i got my eyebrow pierced last wednesday, its no a bit sore when i touch it, there is no fluid or crust or anything from it, should this piercing be sore for a while? i was just suprised that it hasn't gave me any trouble at all :)

Aseth wrote: »
    First of all it can take even few months to heal it completely.

When I got my piercing done I also got a special gel to speed up healing.
    Additionaly I read somewhere that you can dissolve sea salt in warm water to clean the area[I tried it and it works pretty well].
    And as someone already mentioned you need to avoid tight clothes as they can be rubbing your piercing and causing redness.

Do you remember the name of the gel?

I know it will take a while to heal fully but I am due to get the second piercing in a 2 weeks and want this one as healed as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

i had my eyebrow pierced 2 years ago in benidorm and the piercer said go swimming everyday and said why?He said that it would heal in no time , so i did as i was there for three weeks holiday it did wonders for healing about a week as its was the salt water and a good tan! (burnt ouch!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yeah, i'd have to say, at this stage... swimming will equal infection. in rivers/lakes/swimming pools and the sea, none of htem are clean, and there is a good chance to get infected.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'd have to mention that any sort of gel/lotion near a piercing would be a big no-no. It will only harbour dirt and infection - it needs to be rinsed out, not stuck to the skin. Sea salt soaks will do wonders for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

^ absolutely the best thing, really.

Advertisement