Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

made in japan

• 01-02-2008 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

in a retro mood yesterday and had a long drive so loaded a few old albums on to my mp3 player....wow deep purples made in japan sounded as good as ever...any other good albums from that era that i should be listening 2..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Any of Sabbaths first 4 albums, I quite like Scorpions fly to the rainbow and lonesome crow. There's Zep of course, and if you like it live then The Who live at leeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Made in Japan is the album that seduced me into the Purple canon. Check out Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties is the peak of their early period proberbly.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

If you like Deep Purple, check out Rainbow (Richie Blackmore's solo band) Their first 3 albums are excellent ('Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow', 'Rising' and 'Long Live Rock and Roll') and the live album 'On Stage' is great too.

I prefer those three albums to any of Deep Purple's stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Purple could be a bit 'spacey' so how bout some Hawkwind? Space Ritual (live), Hall of the Mountain Grill or Warrior on the Edge of Time are all great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It arrived six years after Made In Japan, but try Thin Lizzy's Live And Dangerous. One of the finest "live" rock albums in my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement