Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backup hard drive

• 01-02-2008 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

I have a hard disk with windows on it and all my drivers and settings just the way I want them on vista.

Is there freeware programs out there to backup what I have now and then at a later stage if my hard drive fails again I can just restore to a new hard drive? (so that I would just put in this new hard drive and hey presto I've got windows back and installed)

Does Norton 12 do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

After having a quick look at Norton Ghost (12) it looks like it will do what you want...

http://www.symantec.com/norton/products/overview.jsp?pcid=br&pvid=ghost12

Not sure about free programs but in my opinion considering its your whole OS and setup $69 is a small price to pay for peace of mind...

Head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

DriveImage XML [Freeware]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

thanks guys exactly what I needed to know

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

I use syncback and have to say its quick and works.

you can use it to back up folders, drives etc or to sync folders. It's very flexible and works really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Dragging this post up again.

Anybody know if I can use PE builder to make a bootable xp CD and use that to recover a vista system from a driveimage xml backup? Will there be issues if the source xp disk shipped with a different PC? Will the boot CD be able to access the backup on an attached usb drive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Instructions are here.

Advertisement