Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cm031 Problem. Need Help

Options
  • 01-02-2008 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi I recently purchased a cm031 Cyma ak74 and Ive discovered it wasn't firing because the the gearbox locked up because of the anti reversal latch. Anyhow this problem occurs ever 10-50 shots now and I have to unlock the latch every time... At first I thought it was a battery problem but I got a new battery and its still happening. Anyone know whats wrong? the battery is an intellect 8.4v 1200mah. Id really appreciate the help thank you. smiley.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, because I mentioned this a lot :D I had the exact same issue with my VFC AK74 last year, it would jam regularly and I'd have to unlock the anti-reversal latch manually. The cause was a damaged bushing, the bevel gear was off set in the gearbox causing grinding.

It could be your battery not providing enough power to pull the spring through completely, I'd try a different battery first and see if that's the problem. If not remove the gearbox from the receiver and check the bushings for damage, you'll probably be able to spot damage from the outside so you won't have to open the mechbox. Look for cracks, bulging or a bushing not lying flush with the case, all signs of damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 system32

Well, at first I thought it was the battery so i bought an intellect 8.4v 1200mah and it still does it, I havent checked the bushings though I do know they are plastic. I also discovered that If i dismount the motor after its jammed and put it back in it will fix it as if I unlocked the latch. But ill go check the bushings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 system32

I took it apart and now its entirely broke... sucks.

Advertisement