Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

leaving cert

• 01-02-2008 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I am external student doing the leaving cert this year. I had intended taking History and agricultural science as two of my subjects and have spent quite alot of time on both projects related to these subjects, however I have been told by quite a reliable source that I will not be able to do these subjects or more exactly that I will not be able to do the coursework projects due to the fact that I have not been supervised by both a teacher and a principal. I have looked it up and it seems to be true, but I've spent so much time on both of these that I'd hate to throw it all away. Does anyone know of any way around this or if there's anything I can do?
    Thank-you in adavnce

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'm moving this to the Leaving Cert forum. They might have a better idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

bee__c wrote: »
    Hi, I am external student doing the leaving cert this year. I had intended taking History and agricultural science as two of my subjects and have spent quite alot of time on both projects related to these subjects, however I have been told by quite a reliable source that I will not be able to do these subjects or more exactly that I will not be able to do the coursework projects due to the fact that I have not been supervised by both a teacher and a principal. I have looked it up and it seems to be true, but I've spent so much time on both of these that I'd hate to throw it all away. Does anyone know of any way around this or if there's anything I can do?
    Thank-you in adavnce

yes that is correct, I'm an ag science teacher and a teacher is meant to oversee your coursework, in real terms that means they are grading it. I grade my students work and an external examiner comes to the school to monitor it to make sure grades are fair.

I assume there is a similar set up with history although i know the teachers don't grade it, i assume they have to sign off on something to say it's the students own work.

you will need to get yourself an ag science teacher and fairly sharpish. you will have to get them to agree to supervise and grade you. Essentially it would be like you going to them for grinds, you would then need to get the external candidate form (P20 - i think) get it signed/ stamped by that teachers school so essentially you are included in that LC ag science class. a teacher can't grade you if you are linked to a school so to speak. and if you are an external student are you registered to take the subject?
    what part of the country are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bee__c

Thank you for that advice. It was really helpful. I have bee in contact with both an ag science teacher and a history teacher and they're looking in to it for me, so hopefully I will get it sorted out, fingers crossed anyways!
    Thanks again for the advice

Advertisement