Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyjamas?

Options
  • 01-02-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

I just want to know if you would go out with your pjs on?

I mean I have seen grown women in the supermarket in the afternoon with them on them..

Is it a growing trend?

Would you wear your pjs out? 11 votes

Yes....
    0% 0 votes
    NO!!!
    100% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Yes it is but no I wouldn't. It's awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Its just a trend with knackers. I wouldnt even call it a trend, possibly lazyness or filthyness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Never never never!
    I did at Halloween cuz I went as a baby and even that felt weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

For the love of god noooo!!!

Once I sort of did it. I was at a new years party this year, stayed over in my pjs, my mate was driving home the next morning and i threw my silver heels on and long coat over them for the door to door car journey!

Mind you they were 3/4 length black bottoms and I had a normal green hoodie on so didnt look like jammies at all! Can't stand seeing people wearing them out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭aonfocaleile

No no no. Its just wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

It's very very very very very very wrong.

Where did this horrific trend come from?

Only time i did - i had a trackbottoms over them so you couldn't see them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Nooooo Way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Like other people have said - I did once, with a long coat and runners, and that was because I was sick and had to drive my friend to the video rental shop (As we had to return some)

Other than that no - looks knackery as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

I would normally wear them around the house when I get in from work in the evenings but that would be it. The furthest I would go with regards to out would be if I was to put the bins out in the evening - that would be it for me.

Sad to say that the pyjama trend seems to be spreading, in that when I was over in New York in December myself and a few others were in a restaurant in the hotel when i clocked 2 pyjama wearing girls no more that 20 waiting at the host's table, trying to get a seat in the restaurant :eek: Talk about letting the side down :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

gidget wrote: »

Sad to say that the pyjama trend seems to be spreading, in that when I was over in New York in December myself and a few others were in a restaurant in the hotel when i clocked 2 pyjama wearing girls no more that 20 waiting at the host's table, trying to get a seat in the restaurant :eek: Talk about letting the side down :mad:

My parents were in a hotel in the west of ireland for a weekend and saw this dublin couple with two kids sitting down for dinner, the wife and kids had their jammies on! :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

I've never actually seen a woman doing this.
    The guys in college tend to it at exam time, but in fairness they sleep in tracksuit bottoms t-shirts and its the smell that gives them away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I wore my jammies out once, and I had a long coat on. I was very sick and needed to get my prescription refilled from the chemist. Imo, that, or a severe hangover and the need for salty snacks are the only excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Quality wrote: »
    I just want to know if you would go out with your pjs on?

I mean I have seen grown women in the supermarket in the afternoon with them on them..

Is it a growing trend?

you must be joking
    i hate when family has visitors who see me wandering around in my pjs, like hell i'd wear them in public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

So wrong.

What little knacker voted yes?? :D

Clare Bear wrote: »
    So wrong.

What little knacker voted yes?? :D

was just wondering the same thing!

Would they be brave to own up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

i love my pj as much as the next person but i would NEVER do that!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I don't own any PJs at all, i have tracksuits I slop around the house in after work but thats about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

DubLegs wrote: »
    was just wondering the same thing!

Would they be brave to own up?

Come out, come out wherever you are! Don't be afraid, we can help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Ya should of made it a public vote.... name and shame i say!

And have you seen they wear their silk ones of a sunday... like fucking good wear!

Jules wrote: »
    Ya should of made it a public vote.... name and shame i say!

And have you seen they wear their silk ones of a sunday... like fucking good wear!

i've actually seen people walking around doing clothes shopping in a retail park, worn with uggs or runner tends to be trend there.
    So the excuse of just emergency trip to the shops does not really apply!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

watna wrote: »
    I wore my jammies out once, and I had a long coat on. I was very sick and needed to get my prescription refilled from the chemist. Imo, that, or a severe hangover and the need for salty snacks are the only excuse!

I've done that too.

Or, i'm just about to get into bed and i realise i've no milk for the morning, so i'll pull a long coat on and go to the shop.

But, other than that no way at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

No way, never never never. I won't even let visitors see me in my pjs. If I have them on I go up and get changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Never. What I wonder when I see those knackers walking around in the middle of the day in theirs is:

1 Do they get up in the mornings, get washed, and then put on a pyjamas to go shopping.

or

2 Do they just not bother to wash and go out in the same 'clothes' that they've slept all night in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Never. Ever Ever Ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Never.

Why do girls do it, is it a laziness thing or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I was at a meeting in a hotel in Ashbourne last week. When we went into the coffee shop in the hotel and there was a sign outside

'smart dress only in the restaurant, no pyjamas allowed'

SWEET JESUS - How embarrassing!!!!! I can only imagine what the foreigners think of us...

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Malteaser! wrote: »
    Never.

Why do girls do it, is it a laziness thing or what??

Pure idleness..... Its the modern shiny tracksuit....

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Okay, Im one of them.There, Ive admitted it. I GO OUT IN MY JAMMIES.I never thought it would happen to me, but it did. One morning I brought the kids to school in the car then went into the shop on the way home. People stared,gasped,but I didnt care. All I knew was I felt SO warm and comfy .Now I do it nearly every day. I know what you are all thinking, but I just cant help myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Well girls I can tell you the no vote will win as most of them knackers cant read or write let alone use a computer LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Does that mean youre on my side? If it does,come on over to the bar and have a drink with me and the lads.

Advertisement