Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyjamas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Ah sure I dont take sides not with lasses that where PJ in public(afraid I wont get out alive) but sure we wont hold that against ya so you can order me an up an aul JD and coke,what will ya have yourself?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Im already on me turd dubble t=r,no,t=g,nog+t. Yeah, g+t, dats it!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Your a mad loon,ah sure your a D15 head, meet your sister D11.Anyway hitting the sack enjoy that 4th G+T:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

SarahSassy wrote: »
    'smart dress only in the restaurant, no pyjamas allowed'

SWEET JESUS - How embarrassing!!!!! I can only imagine what the foreigners think of us...
    Seriously? You find that embarrassing and you're concerned about what "the foreigners" think of us?
    I think it's fukking hilarious there was a sign saying that. I'd presume "the foreigners" would also - yet another example of Irish quirkiness. There should be more of it! So no, I wouldn't wear my pyjamas outside, but I'm quite happy that plenty of people do and thus give me a laugh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I don't own PJ's, and wouldn't wear them night or day if I did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

lol I do that all the time and I'm not a knacker either.. It's just cos my house is across from the supermarket/garage/shop thing so If I've my pjs on for comfort I'll just put a coat on over them and boots and go shop! There's nothing wrong with it. A girl in my lectures used to wear her pjs in the whole time as well.. Looked a bit strange but there's nothing wrong with it imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

petals wrote: »
    lol I do that all the time and I'm not a knacker either.. It's just cos my house is across from the supermarket/garage/shop thing so If I've my pjs on for comfort I'll just put a coat on over them and boots and go shop! There's nothing wrong with it. A girl in my lectures used to wear her pjs in the whole time as well.. Looked a bit strange but there's nothing wrong with it imo

You're in Maynooth aren't you!!! Ha ha I've seen way too many students here doing it lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Dudess wrote: »
    Seriously? You find that embarrassing and you're concerned about what "the foreigners" think of us?
    I think it's fukking hilarious there was a sign saying that. I'd presume "the foreigners" would also - yet another example of Irish quirkiness. There should be more of it! So no, I wouldn't wear my pyjamas outside, but I'm quite happy that plenty of people do and thus give me a laugh.

Ah hello... Well all I can say is 'each to their own'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I wore my p's the other night, with a pair of knock off uggs, just around my estate, looking for my daughter...people looked, i didnt care , i love my cow print jammies, and i was only out of the house for 10 mins..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Think I have went to the shop next to my apartment once or twice in jammies. I was severely hungover and was craving cheese or a fry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

never ever ever, futherest i'd go would be as far as the front gate with the bins

ocasionally when i go the take away i see a few girls in their PJs, wouldn't be so bad if they were remoutly good looking

Huh. I hope you wake up tomorrow with one of your own short and curlies stuck in your mouth. Oh sorry, you probably dont have any of those either.

Femmy wrote: »
    I wore my p's the other night, with a pair of knock off uggs, just around my estate, looking for my daughter...people looked, i didnt care , i love my cow print jammies, and i was only out of the house for 10 mins..
    Thats for Bluelagoon....

Thats for Bluelagoon....
    Sorry Femmy.........Im getting outta here

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

irish-stew wrote: »
    never ever ever, futherest i'd go would be as far as the front gate with the bins

ocasionally when i go the take away i see a few girls in their PJs, wouldn't be so bad if they were remoutly good looking

sorry, just noticed this was the ladies lounge, it's not gender specific is it

btw, as a male, in my defence, i call them lounge wear

:o

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

It's one thing doing a quick dash to the shops with an over coat hiding the PJs but it's an entirely different affair when they are displayed to the world as a fashion statement.

I live in Dublin 8 and it's astounding the number of girls who think this looks good. The other day my partner actually asked one of them why they were wearing PJs on the street in the middle of the day. He was told to "Fv<K off, yeh rude bolli*". Sure it was rude of him but we got one hell of a laugh out of it.

XJR wrote: »
    It's one thing doing a quick dash to the shops with an over coat hiding the PJs but it's an entirely different affair when they are displayed to the world as a fashion statement.

Thats exactly it, I am not talking about popping out to the car with your coat on... We have all done that. Its thinking you look lovely walking the streets in your pj's.... NUTS imho.....

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I dont even own any. Which was a bit awkward when I went away recently. Sharing a room with some women Id never met before... Night comes and I suddenly realise...no pjs....ooops. Never even crossed my mind. So wear them as a fashion? Not even under pain of death. :)

In my defence. There are quite a few people here who say they have only gone out in their pj,s once or in an emergency or because they were sick or they put the bins out or,or,or,..................excuses! Admit it . You,ve all done it one time or another and you LIKED it. Theres no shame in it. Pyjamas are only another item of clothing.No one can deny their comfy factor. People who worry about them being a fashion statement are sad .What is a "fashion statement "anyway except some idiots view in a magazine or on tv.

In my defence. There are quite a few people here who say they have only gone out in their pj,s once or in an emergency or because they were sick or they put the bins out or,or,or,..................excuses! Admit it . You,ve all done it one time or another and you LIKED it. Theres no shame in it. Pyjamas are only another item of clothing.No one can deny their comfy factor. People who worry about them being a fashion statement are sad .What is a "fashion statement "anyway except some idiots view in a magazine or on tv.

Spot the Pyjamas wearer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

I just don't get it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

No harm in throwing a long coat over them to dash down to the shop for hangover food on a Sunday morning, that's really not what's being referred to here.

So hot!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

when my best mate used to live around the corner, it'd often happen that i'd settled into my PJs for the night, and she'd end up ringing/texting so i'd pop over to hers, nad just go in my PJs. that, pyjama céilís, and i think we'd a pyjama day at school once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

They should go out in one of these for a laugh

showdbpict.php?which=thumb&id=313

Actually, I wear one of these on Sundays,just to give my jammies a rest( an a wash). Only mines green.

SarahSassy wrote: »

No no no . Thats all wrong. There not jammies. Thats a babygro and dont even think about starting a poll about who wears these.(shudders)

No no no . Thats all wrong. There not jammies. Thats a babygro and dont even think about starting a poll about who wears these.(shudders)

Well its only a sliver away from whats being worn on the streets of Dublin these days - only on a Tuesday though, Wed onewards is the weekend and then the shiny pj's have to come out :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Absolutely not, only knackers do that. I do have some nice velour ones I wear around the house though.

Advertisement