Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyjamas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Dont get me wrong, I am a huge PJ fan, just in the privacy of my own home :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

SarahSassy wrote: »

haha the teletubby look!
    Victoria's secret 2008 show

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

PJs are strictly for when I'm feeling ill - for lounging about in to gain extra sympathy points. I'd nevereven wear them in bed, never mind wearing them out in public to the local shop for my fags and tins of dutch gold.

The only time I have ever seen anyone wear PJ's out in public and not thought "skanger" is when I see someone from the local hospital clearly on their way home after a stay and having to stop off while picking up a few things. Even at that....I had a stay in hospital last year myself, and still managed to stick on jeans, cardi and runners for the trip home. How hard is it exactly to throw on a pair of jeans or whatever if you need to go out in public?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't understand why a person would NEVER even wear pyjamas in bed. Why not? Cos they're not "sexy" enough or something? They're really comfy and warm and they're not all frumpy-looking cotton things. You can get really nice sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Dudess wrote: »
    I don't understand why a person would NEVER even wear pyjamas in bed. Why not? Cos they're not "sexy" enough or something? They're really comfy and warm and they're not all frumpy-looking cotton things. You can get really nice sets.

I would never wear PJs in bed (unless ill) as I hate wearing ANYTHING in bed, much prefer hopping in in the nip and being free and easy without getting tangled up in a nightdress or PJs. I used to wear a nightdress in my teens for modesty's sake (don't want to be caught by your dad if you're dashing to the loo starkers in the middle of the night, for eg) and without fail would wake up with the entire thing wrapped like a noose round my neck due to sleep-flailing.

My duvet (and hubby) are plenty warm anyways to stop me from freezing at night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Ah, I love my PJs in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

echosound wrote: »
    without fail would wake up with the entire thing wrapped like a noose round my neck due to sleep-flailing.
    Fair point. I'm not a sleep flailer - I pretty much stay in the same position for the night (much to himself's delight!) but yeah, I can imagine nightwear being rather restrictive if you have a tendency to move around a lot while asleep without meaning to.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

echosound wrote: »
    I would never wear PJs in bed (unless ill) as I hate wearing ANYTHING in bed, much prefer hopping in in the nip and being free and easy without getting tangled up in a nightdress or PJs. I used to wear a nightdress in my teens for modesty's sake (don't want to be caught by your dad if you're dashing to the loo starkers in the middle of the night, for eg) and without fail would wake up with the entire thing wrapped like a noose round my neck due to sleep-flailing.
    Same here, plus I've very very warm blooded and wearing anything in bed makes me uncomfortably warm, even in the depths of winter I have to have a window open to keep cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I LOVE the Penney's cute shorts and vest look in all the pretty colours and cute designs. I love to come home from work and change into my jammies and my booties and dressing gown. mmm...

Never wear PJs outside. I teach in inner city and the amount of lazy young wans that come over from the flats to collect their lil cousins/ brothers/ sprogs in their pyjamas. I mean ffs, I know it's only over the road, but you could have put some jeans on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

god know, i wouldnt even wear my PJ's going next door to baby sit over night....Just not to be done. I'll barely go out in public in treack ends...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

I think it's hilarious - does anyone know anyone personally who wears them out?? Would love to know what the reasoning was - lazyiness? hangover? ooh my bum looks great in these flannels?

each to their own i suppose...they're probably rebels at heart rebelling against those hign maintenance chicks...prob read in Cosmo that men prefer the 'natural look'...ah no I'd say it's just become acceptable or maybe fashionable *shudder* in certain areas :confused:

Yeah get a bit too warm in bed for pj's but love a big oversized T shirt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Babette08 wrote: »
    I think it's hilarious - does anyone know anyone personally who wears them out?? Would love to know what the reasoning was - lazyiness? hangover? ooh my bum looks great in these flannels?

each to their own i suppose...they're probably rebels at heart rebelling against those hign maintenance chicks...prob read in Cosmo that men prefer the 'natural look'...ah no I'd say it's just become acceptable or maybe fashionable *shudder* in certain areas :confused:

Yeah get a bit too warm in bed for pj's but love a big oversized T shirt :)

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. Rebels. Anything to rile the "mainstreamers and followers of fashion." Poor suckers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭angelsfire

I love my pj's and I have tons of pairs of them, but I do only wear them at home. But I wear them all the time. Hate to be in tight clothes while at home. It's the first thing I do when I come home is get into my jammies, slippers, and robe. I love being comfy. And jammies are so cute now a days and so many to choose from. I have gone out in my slippers before and I do take them with me when I fly. Drives my husband around the bend! LOLOL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

all the knackers in my school wear pj bottoms under their school skirt, i wonder do they put on a clean pair each morning or what? it really worries me seeing as they tuck them into their socks and you can see a big lump at the top of their socks or the worst is when one leg has fallen down and they haven't noticed! the shame!
    if ive stayed in a friends sometimes ill just wear my pjs in the car home, but thats an out the door into the car, out of the car into the house type of situation. or around the corner if im stayin in my best friends house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

:eek:

saw two girls in their hoodies, pj bottoms and runners/uggs yesterday on the way home frmo the shops!

is the trend spreading?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

i was at a show in the mirage hotel in las vegas recently and in walks this woman(fiftyish)in her striped pjs and wait for it that small mat that fits around the toilet(apolgies i dontknow the proper name for it as im a man but i call it a piss mat so there)wrapped around her neck!!!firstly i thought it was a joke as it was a comedy show but alas she just saunterd down to her seat and sat there for the entire show in her pjs and piss mat!!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

It's a statement, just not a fashion statement.
    Anyone wearing pjs in public in the middle of the day is saying to the world at large, "I have no job." And tha's why knackers do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Yep.

I've worn my pyjamas outside the house.

Since I've spent the last two years working at home, you could actually say I've worn my pyjamas to work every day for two years. In fact, I'm working right now, wearing them.

I sleep in a vest and knickers, so when I get up, I'll have my shower and then I pull on my cotton or linen pyjama trousers and something like a zip-front cardigan and a set of ballet-pump type shoes that I wear around the house. Since I used to be at home all day, working, there was no point putting on something that isn't comfortable.

I also work strange hours, so I've gone to the 24-hour supermarket at 2am in the clothes as described above to get some 'lunch' (4am lunch time). I've also gone to the same supermarket on a Saturday night to do my weekly shopping, and discovered it was the time that all the local Indian families did their shopping (and I fitted in peculiarly well in my pyjamas on that occasion). That was when I lived in England.

On moving to Australia, I find that my many pairs of light cotton or linen pyjama trousers are extremely useful in this climate. In fact, people who come to visit our house have taken to coming in their pyjamas, because when they come over we sit around and drink wine and chat and eat easy, nibbly food, and it's far more relaxing to do that in your pyjamas than in, for instance, jeans when it's 35 degrees.

If anyone would like to call me a knacker, please go ahead. I'm sure my fairly minimal vanity can take the impact of a shallow judgement call by some ditzy bint who thinks that wearing your pyjamas outside the house is an offence against humanity and if you do it you're obviously a 'knacker' who 'lets the side down'.

What side is this, by the way? Is it the side that puts on lipstick to go to the grocery store, or the side that puts on high heels to collect the post from the mailbox, but wants to be taken seriously as an intelligent human being with depth and valid opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

I was at Croke Park last season and the area around it was like the lingerie section of Boyers. I'd say at that time it was the most flammable part of Dublin!! Full of skangers wearing crap pyjamas wandering around the place in the middle of the day. I thought this was serious laziness till I asked one of them why they did this. She reckoned they had one pair for bed and another for daytime. Threw me completely. It's something that's creeping in around here though too. At least it's only the women I suppose....

If anyone would like to call me a knacker, please go ahead. I'm sure my fairly minimal vanity can take the impact of a shallow judgement call by some ditzy bint who thinks that wearing your pyjamas outside the house is an offence against humanity and if you do it you're obviously a 'knacker' who 'lets the side down'.

Im sure people wont be calling you a knacker but I am also aware that the majoirty of people in Ireland who wear their PJ's in public are perceived as the above... Its become a standing joke now and as such I feel that people will think anyone wandering around a supermarket is the same... If you can handle that then fair play to you.

• Advertisement

Yep.

I've worn my pyjamas outside the house.

Since I've spent the last two years working at home, you could actually say I've worn my pyjamas to work every day for two years. In fact, I'm working right now, wearing them.

I sleep in a vest and knickers, so when I get up, I'll have my shower and then I pull on my cotton or linen pyjama trousers and something like a zip-front cardigan and a set of ballet-pump type shoes that I wear around the house. Since I used to be at home all day, working, there was no point putting on something that isn't comfortable.

I also work strange hours, so I've gone to the 24-hour supermarket at 2am in the clothes as described above to get some 'lunch' (4am lunch time). I've also gone to the same supermarket on a Saturday night to do my weekly shopping, and discovered it was the time that all the local Indian families did their shopping (and I fitted in peculiarly well in my pyjamas on that occasion). That was when I lived in England.

On moving to Australia, I find that my many pairs of light cotton or linen pyjama trousers are extremely useful in this climate. In fact, people who come to visit our house have taken to coming in their pyjamas, because when they come over we sit around and drink wine and chat and eat easy, nibbly food, and it's far more relaxing to do that in your pyjamas than in, for instance, jeans when it's 35 degrees.

What side is this, by the way? Is it the side that puts on lipstick to go to the grocery store, or the side that puts on high heels to collect the post from the mailbox, but wants to be taken seriously as an intelligent human being with depth and valid opinions?

Well done. At least you have a mind of your own ! A lot of people here in Ireland worry about what people think of them. They need to get out and travel a bit more. Widen their horizons and realise that what you wear is no reflection on the type of person you are. Also, whats this obsession with "knackers" and "scangers"? I dont know any? Where do all these people live? UP THE REBELS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Well done. At least you have a mind of your own ! A lot of people here in Ireland worry about what people think of them. They need to get out and travel a bit more. Widen their horizons and realise that what you wear is no reflection on the type of person you are. Also, whats this obsession with "knackers" and "scangers"? I dont know any? Where do all these people live? UP THE REBELS!

Well I have a mind of my own and have travelled around the world and not just travelled but actually lived outside of europe for a number of years and I don't like wearing pj's outside of the house, thats my opinion not influenced by others on this forum or anyone else. I think it looks silly and lazy.

ztoical wrote: »
    Well I have a mind of my own and have travelled around the world and not just travelled but actually lived outside of europe for a number of years and I don't like wearing pj's outside of the house, thats my opinion not influenced by others on this forum or anyone else. I think it looks silly and lazy.

And you are perfectly entitled to your opinion,............but I,ll keep on wearing my pj,s:D

ztoical wrote: »

+ 1

Its doesnt mean you have a mind of your own.. Look at all the people who are copying others by doing it..

But as Ive said before, I had been doing this long before it became fashionable. See wat I mean about followers? Some of us are pioneers and leaders and others are just following behind!

Clare Bear wrote: »
    So wrong.

What little knacker voted yes?? :D
    ME. Another first. Just cant help it

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

my sister is a primary teacher and the school had to send letters out to parents asking them to get dressed before bringing the children to school. The scummy mummys who roll out of bed, quickly organise the kids, adn drop them off to school, why don't they just get up 5 minutes earlier?
    I don't wear pj's but I do float about the house in trackie bottoms and oversized tshirt, would never dream of going to the shops in them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

Pj's are for bed and cosy cuddle couch time only. I step outside the door in them sometimes to call the cat in but don't like passersby seeing me.

They're comfy but I don't see how you could wear them outside. The wind would go straight through them, wouldn't you be freezing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

my sister is a primary teacher and the school had to send letters out to parents asking them to get dressed before bringing the children to school. The scummy mummys who roll out of bed, quickly organise the kids, adn drop them off to school, why don't they just get up 5 minutes earlier?
    I don't wear pj's but I do float about the house in trackie bottoms and oversized tshirt, would never dream of going to the shops in them

couple of months ago I was driving through town just after the mad drop kids to rush time and this car broke down just in front of me, the poor woman who got out was wearing only a skimpy short dressing gown, knickers and slippers - obviously had just dropped the kids to school and didn't think she'd need to get out of the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Ehh, It personally makes me think that someone cannot be bothered to wash and dress themselves.. as for the school runs in the morning,,, How much effort does it take to take off a pyjamas and put on a tracksuit?? Do they also bother not to brush their teeth or change their underwear...

I thnk Knacker may be an appropriate word.

Advertisement