Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an post delivery office

• 01-02-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

Where is the delivery office in Limerick City please?

I mean the place where they put parcels if no one is there to collect them.

It's not the post office on cecil st.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

on the dock road in the business park behind statoil...cant rembember the name of the business park...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

to the best of my knowledge its the Dock road business park...its the one just after the statoil...once u drive in just follow the signs...try to bring proof of ID and ur address with you aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Thats it yeah. Just bring along the missed delivery slip and they wont even look for ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Found it. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

Anyone know the phone number for the place. Cant find it on the an post website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

061 212904

I only know it because I got one of their slips in the door this morning as I missed a delivery. The numbers of all their collection centres are on the back of the slip along with the opening hours.

The Limerick one is 9:30 to 13:00 and 14:00 to 17:00 according to my slip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Its a real shame that you cant collect stuff at the weekends.

I dont drive as only have a push bike! and work during the day so cannot collect stuff when the office is open.
    When I get off of work at the weekends the office is closed.
    or to make matters worse there are staff in the office but the room that
    stores the packages is locked.

I asked before could I leave a phone number on file or something as I'm only working
    5-10 mins from home and could nip down and meet the delivery guy but
    Nope. They were having none of it. It would be nice to have a neighbourhood
    post office to get stuff re-directed there.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

bullets wrote: »
    Its a real shame that you cant collect stuff at the weekends.

I dont drive as only have a push bike! and work during the day so cannot collect stuff when the office is open.
    When I get off of work at the weekends the office is closed.
    or to make matters worse there are staff in the office but the room that
    stores the packages is locked.

I asked before could I leave a phone number on file or something as I'm only working
    5-10 mins from home and could nip down and meet the delivery guy but
    Nope. They were having none of it. It would be nice to have a neighbourhood
    post office to get stuff re-directed there.

~B

And spray your name by night. :D Came across that tag earlier tofday when driving.

Yeah it is a pity that there is not even a pick service on a Saturday, say between 9:30 and 13:00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I know this might sound a bit weird,but as I work shifts and live close to the depot,I would have no issue picking up any parcel for anyone here.

Im down there quite alot,as the postman doesnt even bring any parcels to our apartments..just the slips.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Stan the man

Hello :confused:

I have the question. Do You know where it's possible to buy American postage stamps? So ordinary, not collector's. Or an international reply coupon (IRC)? In the post office in the centre having nothing. Similarly Caherdavin.

Regadrs :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Hello :confused:

I have the question. Do You know where it's possible to buy American postage stamps? So ordinary, not collector's. Or an international reply coupon (IRC)? In the post office in the centre having nothing. Similarly Caherdavin.

Regadrs :)

AFAIk IRCs were taken off the market about 4 or 5 years ago. You won't get them in the main post office in town or any other post office in Limerick. Your only chance of getting an IRC would be to get in touch with the GPO in Dublin at 01-7057000. For american stamps, you could try the USPS website.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Stan the man

AFAIk IRCs were taken off the market about 4 or 5 years ago. You won't get them in the main post office in town or any other post office in Limerick. Your only chance of getting an IRC would be to get in touch with the GPO in Dublin at 01-7057000. For american stamps, you could try the USPS website.

Thank You very much for the help.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rachael111

If I don't have a delivery docket would I still be able to collect a package from there ? Does anybody at all know ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Rachael111 wrote: »
    If I don't have a delivery docket would I still be able to collect a package from there ? Does anybody at all know ? :)

Hi Rachael, as per your other thread, yours is not a case of undelivered post its a case of an incorrect address.

I think the package will need to be returned to sender.

Best bet if you haven't already tried is call down with proof of address and ID.

Advertisement