Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You know you've been posting on boards too much when...

• 01-02-2008 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

...you notice a misspelling in a sent email and try to edit your post :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Or when you refer to a text you sent as a "post" :o

Not happened to me yet thank fully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

When you become endangered by the huge stacks of files and folders that have already taken over your desk and are now growing up to head height from the floor due to your complete and utter lack of productivity in the last while.

Honestly, if I don't start working I'm going to get fired. :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

when most of the facts and things you have to say start with "i was reading on boards..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

When you ask important life-changing questions to boardsies instead of your friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

When you see something funny and instead of laughing say LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

When you start calling boss an evil moderator, and demand that there be a feedback meeting every week where you can vent your anger and bring suitability dressed up cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

When you start calling boss an evil moderator, and demand that there be a feedback meeting every week where you can vent your anger and bring suitability dressed up cats.

Hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzgEi_u9-88

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Baudelaire wrote: »
    When you see something funny and instead of laughing say LOL

I heard someone say "Lol" before as a word. Very disturbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

An everything you "hear" about is actually what you read on boards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

dsmythy wrote: »

A huge amount of people yelling 'LOL' every 2 seconds when I used to use Yahoo chat many years ago and Yahoo introduced voice chat for the first time. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Better again, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEpbpoqgUdM

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Dinter wrote: »
    When you become endangered by the huge stacks of files and folders that have already taken over your desk and are now growing up to head height from the floor due to your complete and utter lack of productivity in the last while.

that me aswell:(

or when your boss goes "your always on that", or when you have to work on a sunday to play catch up on the huge pile of filing on your desk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

You bump into boardsies in the street/public transport, and discuss "nerdy" stuff.

I've actually done it myself, not with LOL but I said "tbh" once instead of "To be honest" and I've come close to saying "AFAIK" a few times :o

Another one now that I've noticed recently is I'll spell longer words in my head while I'm talking to someone :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

...you sign your kids' homework journals "slow coach".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

cornbb wrote: »

Haha, that is sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

when you are sending work emails and you move your mouse to the right to put in an emoticon... and you realise you're not on boards!

The one time I knew I was on boards too much is when I was in work and looking through candidates on our database. I was also chatting to people in the BGRH bar and was clicking in and out of both. I clicked in to the dataabse to get the details of a candidate i needed to phone and entered "DesF" as the candidates name. Then I couldn't understand why no names were coming up!

When you're telling your friends what a great night out you had last night and only realise when they ask you where you went that you actually spent the night in drinking cans and online chatting in a Virtual bar :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

When it really upsets you what other boardsies think of you and when they say cruel things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

When the missus says "I'm in the mood" and you say "Ok I'll be in in two secs, just gotta reply to this post".

When your mother/father asks you what you are doing tonight and your reply is

"Your Ma!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Dinter wrote: »

I hear that.

...you have a directory for lolcats on your computer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

When you have the boards.ie page in the main window of your monitor screen, and all your work stuff is in tiny windows hidden in the bottom corners so no one will see you wasting time on them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

When you read about gigs involving Those Who Shall Not Be Mentioned in the newspapers and go searching for the Report Post button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

When you site-ban your kids instead of grounding them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

cornbb wrote: »
    When you read about gigs involving Those Who Shall Not Be Mentioned in the newspapers and go searching for the Report Post button.
    Or a friend mentions one of those gigs and you almost tell them not to talk about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

splinter wrote: »
    when most of the facts and things you have to say start with "i was reading on boards..."
    +1

When you jolt at the sound of the term "romanian" and scream out "IT'S ROMA!"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

When you meet someone who annoys the shít out of you and you try sticking them on ignore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

When you see an ad for a certain music event and think "Uh-oh, someone's getting banned"

When you learn about news events for the first time by reading jokes about them on humour/lolocaust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Have you ever written something down with a biro and made a mistake, then for a couple of seconds think that you can do a backspace and correct it?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Plan_D

When you have seen this discussed three times before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

You are Ruu...

24K ... dude... 24k.. thats alot of time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Plan_D

snyper wrote: »

You are Ruu...

When you know snypers real name :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I do this far too often :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

snyper wrote: »

You are Ruu...

That flew by, time to get the ol' post count reset again. Sure hasn't Victor already reset his at least 3 times. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Have you ever written something down with a biro and made a mistake, then for a couple of seconds think that you can do a backspace and correct it?:eek:

I do that all the time. I wish life had undo, copy, paste and cut :p

When you reply to threads like this....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

When you tell tell the boss - 'not my fault i'm a noob'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

When the Boards.ie shortcut is the first to get clicked in a sequence of 5 or 6 other sites whenever Firefox is run, and is always placed before any of the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Slow coach wrote: »

...you sign your kids' homework journals "slow coach".

Probably gets sympathy from the teacher for having such a critical parent:D

1 - When having a conversation with your boss etc, you quote them back word for word first then give your own reply.
    2 - say "+1" to something you do agree on.
    3 - You literally "LMFAO" at something really funny
    4 - You quote war down the pub.
    5 - You "meh" more than you should.
    6 - You tell girls "you've had this conversation before"
    7 - You check for ceiling cats before unzipping your trousers.:o
    2008 - You make lists like this.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

When you fantasise about being infracted, banned and otherwise "disciplined" by female moderators: "Oh yeah, ******, punish me, I've been a bad boy. Oh yeah, baby, make me howl like a dog..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Blah wrote:

You use a "yore Ma" comment in real life and don't understand why it doesn't go down well.

You use a "yore Ma" comment in real life and don't understand why it doesn't go down well.

Yore ma goes down well.

When you forget the last time you slept

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I refer to talking as posts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

When you get nominated for a boards.ie prize.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

When you say to others: "are you boards?"

Advertisement