Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Hate Pubs

• 01-02-2008 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

I was in fibbers last night, i was waiting to put my coat in the coat area, one lad is talking to the girl that manages it all, She takes his coat no bother and puts it away, i then approach the woman.."Sorry its closed" she says, I was just like :confused: wtf

Then i go to get a drink, Im waiting for ages, the bar people are serving everyone around me as they know them..? Im there trying to get their attention and they still serve people they recognize. The same thing happens in clubs, its so annoying, and don't get me started on bouncers! They have bigger criminal records than anyone else and refuse you because they don't like the look of you! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Maybe it was the reebok top and white runners you were wearing? ;) Don't give them your money anymore.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

fibbers is a wierd old place... its one of the "locals places" i found... if they know your face youl get served quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Im not like that, I know not to wear white into fibbers. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Tbh, of all the places the bartenders are gonna serve their mates first, Fibbers wins hands down. It the same crew in there all the time.

And be honest with yourself if not me, but if you were working behind the bar and your mates walked in, you wouldn't give them any preferential treatment? I think not.

I have the answer to all your problems though! Only make friends with bouncers and bartenders. That way you can have life treat you exactly the way you want it too.

Or drink at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I was in fibbers

You can't judge everything by Fibber's standards. It's a hole.

• Advertisement

Im not a regular, I only go every thursday, there are a lot of weird people in fibbers! Yeah i think anyone that gets to know the bouncers/barmen seem to get treated great, such as VIP into clubs, cheaper drink and no hassle getting into the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

They have bigger criminal records than anyone else and refuse you because they don't like the look of you! :mad:

If ever there was a libel comment.

As Mirror says, if you dn't like pubs - drink at home. Or find somewhere less incestuous than Fibbers (meant in a good way, obviously)

Drinking at home sounds so anti social, i think ill just befriend the people that work in the bars....lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well don't ever go back and tell others to avoid, like us. Simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I for one promise never to go there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

The word Fibbers really grates on me i just imagine it being said by those people who say werk instead of work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭- bo -

I dont know any of the bar staff/bouncers in Fibbers and Ive never had much problems getting served.

Not that I can remember anyways :)

I was pasing Fibbers with my Dad after he collected me from the dentist last week and asked him if he fancied a pint (he knows I head there a fair bit and was wondering ehat all the fuss was about). He couldnt get over the whiff of the place, Ive never seen him drink a pint so fast...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I was in fibbers last night, i was waiting to put my coat in the coat area, one lad is talking to the girl that manages it all, She takes his coat no bother and puts it away, i then approach the woman.."Sorry its closed" she says, I was just like :confused: wtf

Then i go to get a drink, Im waiting for ages, the bar people are serving everyone around me as they know them..? Im there trying to get their attention and they still serve people they recognize. The same thing happens in clubs, its so annoying, and don't get me started on bouncers! They have bigger criminal records than anyone else and refuse you because they don't like the look of you! :mad:

Perhaps your ugly? I never have these issues anywhere i go....it's always easier to blame the establishment than yourself!

Perhaps you just lack the ability to interact with people, to draw attention....to catch the eye so to speak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Dragan wrote: »
    Perhaps your ugly? I never have these issues anywhere i go....it's always easier to blame the establishment than yourself!

Perhaps you just lack the ability to interact with people, to draw attention....to catch the eye so to speak?
    This is also very true. I mean I've attended Fibbers three times, ever, all very recently, and I've never had any trouble from bouncers, bartenders or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

This is true, however I have to disagree in relation to fibbers. I've been there a couple of times and very much doubt they would - or are in a position - to judge people on attractiveness. No offence to the fibbers 'gang'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Fibbers is a mess, don't bother going there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Pubs are like democracy: the idea works, the practice doesn't because they're both full of **** who think they're God but it's the best we've got.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Fibbers is a crap hole. I was there twice some years ago. It attracts a KRAYZEE ecentric crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Fibbers isn't a pub, it's a sub section of hell' research department where the minions of satan (real people often mistake these demons as customers) try to create the single most disgusting odour in the history of human civilisation. What people often mistake for toilets are in fact research cubicles for their toxic mixtures.

Still, for three euro you gotta put up with some p1ss and sh1t!

Im not a regular, I only go every thursday

Irony, ftw.

• Advertisement

Ha ha ha, i love Fibbers!

I like grimy dirty bars if i am honest!

I find far less attitude in these places that in other pubs!

Maybe just me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I love the place too, I just post stuff like that to put the scummers off going there! It's all part of my cunning plan! ;)

orestes wrote: »
    I love the place too, I just post stuff like that to put the scummers off going there! It's all part of my cunning plan! ;)

Well with a name like Orestes i should hope you do!

APC ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Ha ha ha, i love Fibbers!

I like grimy dirty bars if i am honest!

I find far less attitude in these places that in other pubs!

Maybe just me though.

do ya like downstairs in Eamon Dorans? :)

god you's are all really Bigging Up Fibbers. lol
    I only really know it as the place all the mad rockers go?

Niamho! wrote: »
    do ya like downstairs in Eamon Dorans? :)

I like anywhere that has a plentiful supply of Jack Daniels and decent music!*

* Disclaimer : Many people would disagree with my taste in music......but **** them! ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Pubs are fantastic. I'm seldom happy anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Check his bebo, nuff said *shudder*

azezil wrote: »
    Check his bebo, nuff said *shudder*

I don't know dude, will his ming upset my pretty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I hadn't considered that, oh gawd what have I done!
    My beautiful face! :eek::(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I love fibbers. we go on thursdays a lot and i've never had trouble getting served really quickly, and i don't know the barmen or that. its possibly because i'm a girl with fairly big boobs, but hey! not complaining.
    so yeah, fibbers ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

It's full of scummers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

Serves you right for giving that place a penny. Played and drank in there a good few times. I have nothing good to say about the people that run that place or the people that frequent it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I love fibbers. we go on thursdays a lot and i've never had trouble getting served really quickly, and i don't know the barmen or that. its possibly because i'm a girl with fairly big boobs, but hey! not complaining.
    so yeah, fibbers ftw!
    Pics or you're banned.

I was only there once.
    I walked in, walked up a few steps and walked out a door onto the same street.
    It messed with my head a bit.
    The music was good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Terry wrote: »
    Pics or you're banned.

Ah Terry, how I missed you iron fist on this place.

OT: Never had any problems getting served in Fibbers, as Dragan suggested, maybe you don't know how to 'catch they eye'.

If you are just standing there whislting nonchalantly, they may skip over you assuming you've been served and are waiting on drinks.

This happen you anywhere else you go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

never had a problem being served there, always found the staff quite helpful, from telling me when someone's just put about 6 hours of tunes into the jukebox and that i'd be wasting my money selecting a few tracks, to remembering i dont like ice in my drink.

i still think it's a fun place, friendly people, and good music. give me that over a standard club any day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You just don't get it do you, PEOPLE DON'T LIKE YOU... But us here on boards.ie are an excepting lot, so WELCOME to boards.ie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Fibbermygee?

Many city pubs can be like that.

Go drinking in the sticks for better service :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Fibbers is not the only pub. Shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Get better looking. Problem solved.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

You hate pubs? Try here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

An interesting anagram of Fibbers bar is barf ebb sir.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Fibbers isn't a pub, it's a sub section of hell' research department where the minions of satan (real people often mistake these demons as customers) try to create the single most disgusting odour in the history of human civilisation. What people often mistake for toilets are in fact research cubicles for their toxic mixtures.

Still, for three euro you gotta put up with some p1ss and sh1t!

this is this most perfect description i have ever heard for fibbers. well done orestes:)

Advertisement