Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi TT S-Tronic

Options
  • 01-02-2008 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

just entered the site today- im thinking about getting the new audi tt 2.0 tfsi. anyone got any opinions on the tt s-tronic Vs manual 6 speed gear box. never driven paddle shift before.:confused:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the dual clutch VAGs are well ahead of everyone else but they still aren't perfect. There can be a little bit of hesitation when pulling out from junctions. Otherwise they are pretty good. I'd go for it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

The DSG gearbox is renound for being a superb techological invation.

The writing is on the wall for manual as far as I am concerned (Except maybe for the stupid greens)

As for purchasing in Ireland?

Many folk will be a bit weary of it still - doubt you'd get your money back in resale, but you'd probably enjoy it while you had it.

nice car - enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 *Andy*

The DSG gearbox is great, my friend had the old tt with one and now has the new 3.2 v6 with it and i must say its the best thing ever. Put it into s, one foot on the brake the other on the trottle up to 4000rpm, and you have launch control :)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

Best thing would be for you to get a good test drive in one to see.

I didn't spec it as I felt a little detached from the the driving experience not using my left foot, also I don't spend much time stuck in traffic, so I wouldn't benefit from the more sedate D mode much :D

It's a wonderful piece of engineering though and is even more economial (greener :rolleyes:) than the manual albeit by a very slight margin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 the history of

sounds like a plan to organise test drive-thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement