Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Mock EXAMCRAFT ONLY

Options
  • 01-02-2008 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

The other threads are really confusing. The examcraft ones are the papers that have the tick and the barcode on the front page.
    Any Exams you have under examcraft you can post them here and we can help eachother out...that way none of us gets grounded when D's come out ha! I'll do the same when i get some papers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

how do you know which ones you have if you havent done any of the mocks yet? do they give half to one side of the country and then the other half to the other....sorry..:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 thewildone

Allison91 wrote: »
    how do you know which ones you have if you havent done any of the mocks yet? do they give half to one side of the country and then the other half to the other....sorry..:confused:

ive done the english paper, im going to post it later. No the school just gets whatever company they ususally go with.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

grow the **** up and just study for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

eoins2345 wrote: »

+1

Cheating for the mocks is possibly the stupidest thing you could do in your Leaving Certificate year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

eoins2345 wrote: »

Exactly.

thanks for the lectures but no thanks. Nobody is perfect and if theres a way to know whats coming up on your test so u cud go over it better then u have been and get a better grade? why wouldn't you do it??:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

In one way getting tips on the mocks are not a bad idea:
    1. Mocks are generally more difficult and slight reassurance is required
    2. Unless you collect mock papers, they are substantially less predictable than the real thing
    3. Allows more focus on the timing and experience aspect
    But on the other hand
    1. Their purpose is defeated if you know too much about them.

thewildone wrote: »
    thanks for the lectures but no thanks. Nobody is perfect and if theres a way to know whats coming up on your test so u cud go over it better then u have been and get a better grade? why wouldn't you do it??:P
    What you going to do for the leaving cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

thewildone wrote: »

if you had already studied the material you wouldn't need to know what was on the exam, you would be able to answer the questions regardless. the LC papers won't be posted up here for you to study before the exams

• Advertisement

if you had already studied the material you wouldn't need to know what was on the exam, you would be able to answer the questions regardless. the LC papers won't be posted up here for you to study before the exams
    To be fair, a lot of students have either just finished their courses or not finished them yet. This means that some parts of the exam are off limits as the relevant topics have not been covered yet. This further reduces the choice on the paper and students need reassurance. The situation in June should be much different with a wider choice, more experience of exam style. However i agree with you in some ways that the fake confidence cheating in the mocks creates is lethal.

Mods: this thread needs a title change possible Cheating, For or Against?

theres another thread withactly the same thing going on it it. i only made this so that people with examcraft would use it so go in there and give them lectures. i have studied..really hard in fact but i'm scared and yeh none of my courses are covered yet:confused: its only to give me confidence going in

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Actually, if you know what's coming up on the mocks you will study those topics to death and have them down better than you would have otherwise. While it defeats the purpose of the assessment part of the mocks, it does help with your study and LC preparation.

rgt320q wrote: »
    Actually, if you know what's coming up on the mocks you will study those topics to death and have them down better than you would have otherwise. While it defeats the purpose of the assessment part of the mocks, it does help with your study and LC preparation.
    Correct, the LC is the exam your looking toward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 In-Denial

can anyone tell me wats coming up in hl maths paper 2?cos Im really screwed 4 it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

thewildone what exams have you done so far? ive only done math ol both papers examcraft,i can scan them if they are any use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Iammwa

Myth wrote: »
    Cheating for the mocks is possibly the stupidest thing you could do in your Leaving Certificate year.
    Why bother saying it man. no ones gonna listen.

paul150 wrote: »
    thewildone what exams have you done so far? ive only done math ol both papers examcraft,i can scan them if they are any use to you?
    hey man i really REALLY need math paper 2! i can give u english h/l 1 and 2 and tgraph (both deb)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clairefb

got my german in the morning. wud really love some help! ive done English Irish History Accounting and Biology. I have pass maths aswell;). really need the help!
    :D

Well said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 noodleagus

geo examcraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

rgt320q wrote: »
    well said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wwwkareemkhbuli

i have the exam papers 4 english and irish and physics and geography and french and maths (hl)
    EXAMCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and i NEED BIOLOGY,
    CHEMISTRY,
    BUSSINESS
    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY APPLIED MATHS!
    help!!!!!
    (il do any 4 the them)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Posts with mock papers attached DELETED. STOP POSTING COPYRIGHT MATERIAL.

People will get banned for this.

also, on a non-mod note, cop the **** on and get up off your arse and work as opposed to cramming stuff that is non-important. hell, the mocks don't compare enough to make it worth the time cramming the ****e on them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement