Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The RDF

• 01-02-2008 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Thinking of joining the FCA for the summer, is there any age/height restrictions ? or a web site i can look at? been looking on google cant find anything ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

go to the miltary forum, they'll help you out! :)

:cool::cool::cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

It's reserve defence forces now rdf. The fca title was phased out a while ago.
    moved to military.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

they dont look kindly on people poppin in for the gratuity and pay on camp, and then just pissin off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

google RESERVE DEFENCE FORCES,or go to www.military.ie
    As already mentioned,time wasters need not apply.However if you are joining because you think it would be interesting,and something you would like to do..then by all means join..and good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Bam Bam

There is no point joining just for the summer.

Most units should have stopped recruiting by then and are fully engaged in training their current recruits.

The RDF is a long term thing, not just something to do when the weather is good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JayDoyle

Bam Bam wrote: »
    There is no point joining just for the summer.

Most units should have stopped recruiting by then and are fully engaged in training their current recruits.

The RDF is a long term thing, not just something to do when the weather is good.
    i heard they do sumthing like training for the summer to get ppl into it an see what it is like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

JayDoyle wrote: »
    i heard they do sumthing like training for the summer to get ppl into it an see what it is like

Thats wrong. Recruitment is done throughout the School Year and then Them who are recruited are Vetted out, Dressed, Trained to a certain Level and then Sent to Recruit Camp.

You must be 17, 5'2", be of Normal Colour Vision, Pass an Eyetest and a Hearing test. And No criminal history.

Dont join to quit you make us look ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭-aurora

im in the rdf myself only recently though, just started recruit training last week, does anyone know how long it takes to become a two star and then a three star?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Bam Bam

1 - 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

-aurora wrote: »
    im in the rdf myself only recently though, just started recruit training last week, does anyone know how long it takes to become a two star and then a three star?

You will go on camp in summer and become a 2 star.

Depending on what unit you are with, you will be another year and a half now before you become a 3 star.
    Unless you are Navy Reserve wo find it hard to even get proper recruit camps as far as I have heard!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Riddle101

For a 2 star, six months for a 3 star A year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Should take two by two week camps, therefore, plus or minus two years

Advertisement