Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calibres Chart?

Options
  • 01-02-2008 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Someone posted a bar chart a while back detailing the muzzle velocities, muzzle energies, bullet weights and cartridge sizes of various rounds a while back. I thought it was very useful for comparing rounds and was wondering whether the person might post it again? It might be a good resource for stickying for people looking for solid information of the rounds concerned as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Is this the one?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

No, that wasn't it. It compared all the round information on different charts, though that one is pretty handy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Maybe this one then.

No. I think Rovi posted it, thinking back, so may wait until he can comment on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It was probably the one comparing the MV of various rounds,
    I think the thread was comparing the swift with a Rem mag

• Advertisement

It had a different chart for muzzle energy, muzzle velocity, average bullet weight and cartridge size at least, and the rounds were from .22lr to .220 swift and every common varmint round in between methinks. Worth finding again, thought it was good. Also, a side issue, but one that was on my mind. If reloading takes off here, is it possible to reload .220 swift, turning a very expensive round into a viable option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

It had a different chart for muzzle energy, muzzle velocity, average bullet weight and cartridge size at least, and the rounds were from .22lr to .220 swift and every common varmint round in between methinks. Worth finding again, thought it was good. Also, a side issue, but one that was on my mind. If reloading takes off here, is it possible to reload .220 swift, turning a very expensive round into a viable option?

yeah 220 swift can be reloaded , and good results are achieved with a number of different powders alongside ballistic tipped ammo-at todays prices reloads cost about 80 cents each.......

Excellent. Well worthwhile round at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Was it these?-

17223comparisonimageih8.jpg

17223comparisonchartsiv5.jpg

That is indeed it. Thank you very much. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

That is indeed it. Thank you very much. :)
    No bother.
    I get/make these charts over at http://ammoguide.com/, if you want to investigate for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

Rovi wrote: »
    No bother.
    I get/make these charts over at http://ammoguide.com/, if you want to investigate for yourself.

thank you rovi for the link steve:cool:

Advertisement