Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPR takedown

Options
  • 01-02-2008 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭

Mahoosive problem, the anti reversal latch has kicked in on the gearbox on the spr again and this time I can't reset it by moving the motor. I can't seem to find whatever pins or screws are keeping the gearbox in the reciever, anyone broken down a G&G Armalite before? I can't find a takedown guide anywhere online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

how far have you managed to break it down? do you have the gearbox and lower reciver away from the main body of the spr?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Yeah I've got it that far, it's actually removing the gearbox from the reciever itself. I can't find whatever is holding it in place.

I'd love to know what's causing the anti-reversal latch to engage so often more than anything because it's rendering the gun useless. It'll fire two or three rounds and reengage, it's a strip down job every time it engages too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Once you have got it to that point is it not the same as normal m16/4 the bit I normal forget/have a problem with is the pin in the middle of the gearbox running thought the body and gearbox sometimes I've even needed a centre punch to get it out.

I thought as much, it seems very stiff so I didn't want to force it.

What about the fire selector switch, does that come off before I remove it from the body?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

if its the same as a normal m4/m16 receiver then it's:

two body pins front and rear
    mag release
    pin above the trigger
    long screw that goes through the stock/stock tube into the gearbox
    2 screws inside the handle (remove the motor to get access to them)

that should be it, no specific order for removing them, the pin above the trigger can be pretty hard to get out sometimes, just put a centre punch or suitable sized screwdriver on the top of it and give it a tap with a hammer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

And the anti reverse latch dex, change your gear timing very slightly to stop it catching at the end of semi auto, it only has four notches, less than other gears so you can slightly alter when it kicks in, maybe set it in the box not to be engaged with the cylinder at full forward and the tappet plate forward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

dex you need to tap the above mentioned pin above the trigger but you have to do it on the right side of the gun, the left end of the pin has splines to keep it tight and because its a metal body it can be a bastid., after that theres the mag release, thats different to most M4 varients where it doesnt have a screw in the mag button, the catch comes into 2 parts and if you turn the gun upside down and look in the mag well you can seperate them with a flat head., I did it by pushing the mag release all the way in as far as i could and on the oposite side i stuck a screw driver under the long metal bit, the catch just poped off then, it locks kinda like a button., you have to remove the hand grip in order to get the gearbox out too, theres 2 small philips heads in it after you remove the motor., then the stock screw and it should just pop out.,

GODDAMNIT
    I had it apart, I reset the latch, I pieced it back together, I fired 3 rounds and it's back to the same crap again

is your battery fully charged? try a full battery and see what happens.,

Yeah it's a fresh battery. It was charged only a few hours ago

• Advertisement

did you adjust the motor alignment screw by any chance? you have to get it just right on these, if you cant get it working i can have a look at it tomorrow for ya if ya like.,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

All I can suggest is try another moving the latch gear another tooth around from wher you moved it too, though I cant imagine how this is would stop the gear going forward.

Maybe the semi isn't resetting, have a look at the trigger unit and connections.
    Anything that affects the semi cutting off.

I'm bamboozeled :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

how very odd...

hmmm... i'd suggest opening up the gearbox and having a good look at it, strip it right down and rebuild it from scratch, check the bushings are aligned correctly, re-shim all the gears, check the alignment of the sector gear and the piston rack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Or stick a higher voltage battery into it.....

kdouglas wrote: »
    how very odd...

hmmm... i'd suggest opening up the gearbox and having a good look at it, strip it right down and rebuild it from scratch, check the bushings are aligned correctly, re-shim all the gears, check the alignment of the sector gear and the piston rack
    Shiva wrote: »
    Or stick a higher voltage battery into it.....

Both now done. She seems to be working now, I'll see for how long when I take her out today. The 9.6v from another aeg seems to have made a significant difference. It seems as though the 8.4v is speeding the gears up just enough to miss that reversal latch issue.

Thanks for the help lads

Advertisement