Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Football

• 01-02-2008 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

So, I'm giving it a shot next Tuesday ... not exactly one of the heavy set guys they're looking for but I'm turning up and giving it my best. Any players on here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

yar i went last week. good craic. forgot to stretch/warm up. was in bits for days. need padding :)

dont need to be heavyset necessarily. plenty a wide receiver has been a langy little bastard with quick feet. Only the heavies are really training with contact though if thats what youre worried about. supposed to be a short game of tag football going on at the next training session but we hope to get the gear supplied for a full contact game (and hence league status)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

if we want to play do we have to bring the american super bowl sense of football? (these guys are out here today to play some FOOTBALL!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No.... I tried to bring that - then I got my ass kicked. Then I brought whimpering. Good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

great words. thanks for the g up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Brad Wesley

I'm the chairman of this society, haven't went to any training i'm standing aloof of the players, james fitz is the founder and he runs the show though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement