Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hope the US Military pop one in their skulls

• 01-02-2008 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7221639.stm

A new Low for Al Qaeda, utterly sick.:mad:

Last Updated: Friday, 1 February 2008, 17:28 GMT

Twin bombs kill scores in Baghdad

Scene of blast
    More than 70 people have been killed by two bombs in Baghdad, attached to two mentally disabled women and detonated remotely, says a security official.
    "The al-Qaeda terrorists and criminals are proud of this method," Brig Qassem Ata al-Moussawi told the BBC.

The death toll in Friday morning's attacks at two animal markets was the highest in months in Baghdad.

Correspondents say a fragile sense of normality had returned to the capital following an influx of US troops.

Security has improved significantly since the US implemented its troop "surge" in the second half of 2007.

A ceasefire announced in August by the Mehdi Army militia of Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr, as well as the emergence of local Sunni militia armed by the US military that took on al-Qaeda in Iraq, have also contributed to the sense of security.

Figures released by Iraqi ministries on Friday suggested that the number of civilians and security forces killed across Iraq in January - 541 - was the lowest monthly total for nearly two years.

Confidence shattered

But that renewed confidence could be shattered by Friday's deadly bombings, the worst to hit the Iraqi capital since three car bombs killed 80 people last 1 August.

The blasts came shortly before the call to Friday prayers when many Iraqis were out shopping or meeting friends.

The first device was detonated by a female suicide bomber at around 1020 local time (0720GMT) in the popular Ghazil animal market, killing at least 46 people and injuring a further 80.

A popular spectacle for Baghdadis, the animal market only opens on Fridays and regularly draws large crowds, despite having been targeted by bombers twice in 2007.

Just 20 minutes after the first explosion, a second bomb tore through another crowded market in the Jadida area of east Baghdad, killing at least 27 people and injuring 67.

Iraqi security forces spokesman Brig Moussawi told the BBC: "The operation was carried out by two booby-trapped mentally disabled women. [The bombs] were detonated remotely.

"Forensic and bomb squad experts as well as the people and traders of al-Shorja area of the carpet market have confirmed that the woman who was blown-up there today was often in the area and was mentally disabled...

"In the New Baghdad area the shop owners and customers of the pet market confirmed that the woman who was blown-up there was mentally disabled as well."

The US ambassador to Iraq, Ryan Crocker, said al-Qaeda had found a "different, deadly" technique.

"There is nothing they won't do if they think it will work in creating carnage and the political fallout that comes from that," he said.

Police and medical officials piled the dead and injured into wheelbarrows, cars and the back of pick-up trucks to be transported to five hospitals across the city.

An official at the capital's Kindi hospital said at least 30 bodies had been received.

"We have a disaster here," he said. "There are too many bodies to count."

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I'll do you one better. I hope the Iraqi military pop one in their skulls.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

nuke the whole middle east tbh:(

bunch of backwards muck savages.

i pity the yanks, they are fighting in a war with different rules for both sides, wonder what would happen is the US did the same.

Do-Gooder hippies can say what they like about the americans, they are doing the right thing and IMO a very good job:)

ross kemp in afghanistan is a great eye-opener, the scumbags use mosques as cover to murder the coalition soldiers in sneaky ambushes, because they know the NATO forces cant fire back.

hope they level the playing field and bring back the daisy cutters and call in napalm just like vietnam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

America, setting them up and then knocking them down.. coming to a continent near you soon!

kona wrote: »

hope they level the playing field and bring back the daisy cutters and call in napalm just like vietnam.

or maybe they could drive a few tanks into the middle of a crowded sporting arena and open fire on the crowds!

come on people, let's have some more ideas how america can lose this war even quicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I hope the Americans go home, and the iraqis find a solution to their civil war before thousands more are killed.
    Fcuk Team America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

oh cool a retro thread about terrorists being bad.

MordÜff wrote: »
    or maybe they could drive a few tanks into the middle of a crowded sporting arena and open fire on the crowds!

Football is an incredibly popular sport there, they'll play on any field. I happened to drive by one in my tank, stopped, sat on the edge of the turret and just spectated for a while. Took the locals a little while to figure out what I was doing, before they finally copped I was just watching a game of football. No idea why they found the idea odd, but once they figured it out, they were all smiles. There are no end of visual idiosynchrasies over there.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Where does it say Al Qaeda did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

humanji wrote: »
    Where does it say Al Qaeda did it?

If you follow the link to the bbc site it says it there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Spoonful of propaganda anyone?

• Advertisement

Well, it just says that it's Al Qaeda, but it doesn't give any evidence to back it up. In fairness, it most likely was, I just can't see anywhere in the article that says they took the blame, or they know for a fact it was them.

Oriel wrote: »
    Spoonful of propaganda anyone?

When you say propaganda - what exact part of the story are you saying is untrue and what are you basing that suspicion on ? Just because you dont want to believe something is true doesnt mean that it magically isnt. Going by that article locals were interviewed who confirmed the women were mentally disabled.

"attached to two mentally disabled women and detonated remotely, says a security official.
    "The al-Qaeda terrorists and criminals are proud of this method," Brig Qassem Ata al-Moussawi told the BBC. "

""Forensic and bomb squad experts as well as the people and traders of al-Shorja area of the carpet market have confirmed that the woman who was blown-up there today was often in the area and was mentally disabled... "

Its possible that this story is incorrect but I dont see a shred of a basis for saying that at this point.

Well, my point is that there are several groups in Iraq who would gladly stoop that low. I've no doubt that Al Qaeda would do this, but so far I've not heard any reason to believe it's them without any real evidence. Hell, it could've been anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

And the Iraqis were doing so well after the 1991 invasion.
    Ah well, suppose you can't be having that.

If someone invaded Ireland and installed a puppet government, I'd be fairly pissed off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Things have been quietening down in Iraq over the past few months (until this) but I think maybe the insurgents are just laying low and waiting for the US to leave. They watch CNN same as anyone else and can see that many Americans want the troops home.

IMO, the US should never have invaded in the first place because Iraq went from being a repressive dictatorship to a chaotic playground for Islamofascists. But if the Americans left tomorrow, the country would drown in blood. Bush is a gobshite of epic proportions but I can see his point about staying put and seeing it through. He created the current mess and it's his responsibility to fix it, however that might be done.

agamemnon wrote: »
    Things have been quietening down in Iraq over the past few months (until this)

They also found 9 headless bodies today and 10 heads in a seperate incident so 'quietening down' by our standards and theirs is a different thing.

Just out of curiousity, to see just how much it has to improve before the Iraq situation could be considered somewhat acceptable, I looked up the murder rate in Detroit and decided to extrapolate it. Detroit is known for being dangerous, but not to the level that the Army needs to invade.

It was 46 murders per 100,000 people over a 1-year-period.

Divide by 12, get 3.83r per 100,000 people per month.

There are some 27.5 million people in Iraq, so multiply 3.83r by 275. Works out as 1,054.

Iraqi civilian deaths in December of 2007 numbered 481.

I've decided I'm not planning on going to Detroit any time soon.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

agamemnon wrote: »
    If the Americans left tomorrow, the country would drown in blood.

Its heading that way anyways. Its better that they leave soon and let the UN take up the job. Whats an "Islamofascist" by the way?

Just out of curiousity, to see just how much it has to improve before the Iraq situation could be considered somewhat acceptable, I looked up the murder rate in Detroit and decided to extrapolate it. Detroit is known for being dangerous, but not to the level that the Army needs to invade.

It was 46 murders per 100,000 people over a 1-year-period.

Divide by 12, get 3.83r per 100,000 people per month.

There are some 27.5 million people in Iraq, so multiply 3.83r by 275. Works out as 1,054.

Iraqi civilian deaths in December of 2007 numbered 481.

I've decided I'm not planning on going to Detroit any time soon.

NTM
    What was it before the non-UN sanctioned invasion?How many of those ciVILLIANS were kiled by the invaders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Terry wrote: »

If someone invaded Ireland and installed a puppet government, I'd be fairly pissed off too.

Yes, we've got sufficient puppets already, or to be more precise, muppets.

• Advertisement

eoin5 wrote: »
    Its heading that way anyways. Its better that they leave soon and let the UN take up the job. Whats an "Islamofascist" by the way?
    If sectarian violence flared into civil war, the UN could do little to stop it. Remember what happened in the Balkans.

"Islamofascists" is a rather loose term for fundamentalist lunatics like Al Qaeda who think they're superior to us godless heathens, Christians, moderate Muslims, etc. and who have no problem murdering anyone they don't approve of.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Yes, we've got sufficient puppets already, or to be more precise, muppets.
    I knew someone would say that.

Vote someone else in the next time and watch them do the exact same things.
    They're all the ****ing same, but at least they are elected in a fair election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

"The al-Qaeda terrorists and criminals are proud of this method," Brig Qassem Ata al-Moussawi told the BBC.

How does he know that?

Yeah, it's pretty bad.

At least the US doesn't do things like executing mentally disabled priso-- oh, right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Morlar wrote: »
    They also found 9 headless bodies today and 10 heads in a seperate incident so 'quietening down' by our standards and theirs is a different thing.

Any sign of a tenth body yet for the extra head?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

bunch of backwards muck savages.

i pity the yanks, they are fighting in a war with different rules for both sides, wonder what would happen is the US did the same.

You do realise that they helped create the Taliban and supported Saddam Hussein and financed them?

MOH wrote: »
    How does he know that?

Yeah, it's pretty bad.

At least the US doesn't do things like executing mentally disabled priso-- oh, right.
    I'm in shock and awe at that comment.

Hagar wrote: »
    I believe it's located under a false head at 1600 Pennsylvania avenue.

Hagar wrote: »

No but theres an APB out for that infamous islamist worzel gummidge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I hope the US Military pop one in their skulls

A new Low for Al Qaeda, utterly sick.:mad:
    Ah! So you're going against the grain of the predominantly left-wing ethos of Boards.ie and showing support for American imperialism - how frightfully interesting!
    Afraid you've been beaten to it by this poster though: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=34744

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Dudess wrote: »
    Ah! So you're going against the grain of the predominantly left-wing ethos of Boards.ie and showing support for American imperialism - how frightfully interesting!

i dnt think that was his point but you probaly knew that.

i put precisely no weight in the bible but my father does and he says its very very clear that the people who will be punished most in hell or whatever are the ones who hurt the innocent.

someone mentioned something about the un not sanctioning the invasion.......hardly a reason for not acting imo.

that detroit stat is interesting. isnt that the city with a river border with a canadian city but the canadian city with the same gun laws has less gun deaths then ireland and its only a few miles away from detroit? it could be a different american city tho with similarly high gun deaths imthinking off.

iraq is old news tbh. the very earliest its going to have a chance at changing is this time next year when the new american president can sit down and start making changes that go against the present american thinking on the situation. bush wont do it as it admits defeat.

for the record and maybe just coz i want to stir it up i completely believe they were right to invade iraq and remove the government after that they ****ed it up but the initial action was justified imo(and no i dont believe they had wmds and am under no illusion they did it for oil BUT that dosnt change the fact saddam needed to be removed...imo anyway)

the fact they initially armed these people i see as a kind of a mute point. at the time it was the best course of action and at the time im sure it saved many lives.

lions for lambs is a good watch by the way great cast and interesting subject matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Plan_D

"spots CIRA recruit"

It appears that the "armed struggle" has taken a new direction, suicide bombers appear to be not as quick to volunteer anymore. Using mentally ill "couriers" is a new low, it'll be children next!

jdivision wrote: »
    You do realise that they helped create the Taliban and supported Saddam Hussein and financed them?

im well aware of what happened during the cold war, and soviets and americans funding regional wars.
    however, these scumbags are lower than whale ****, i wouldnt give them the steam off my piss:cool:
    the are using religion to justify a hate campaign against capitalism, and all the hippies eat it up and pity them.
    they wouldnt pity them if they were related to the 3,000 people killed in cold blood on sept 11.
    the reason the taliban turned on the yanks was because of money and funding.
    when the soviets pulled out the yanks pulled the funding for the taliban, this pissed them off.

so as regards to greed they are as bad as each other, and since i'd prefer to go on holiday in USA and eat big macs as opposed to eating kebabs in kabul. I prefer to support the americans.
    TBH most anti-war protesters are hypocrits.

you could say bin laden is similar to hitler, the way he brainwashes people in countries with very low national morale.
    some leader he is, sends the poor to fight while he hides his slimy rat ass under a rock with a video camera, fecking coward, hope the get him and kill him extremly slowly and painfully.

An

Noone has recently, but as now part of the Eu you have your puppet government. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Some argue we have a muppet government now -without any foreign insurgance

• Advertisement

if you tried, could you find one statement of a hippy pitying a taliban leader or a card carrying al qaeda member? i mean really....

I feel sorry for the people that are caught in the middle in america's war. You say you're well aware of what happened during the cold war, but you don't think America should shoulder any of the responsibility for the current situation?
    yes 3000 people died on sept 11, alot more have died since. They don't count less because they've had the misfortune not to have been born in a western country.
    so as regards to greed they are as bad as each other, and since i'd prefer to go on holiday in USA and eat big macs as opposed to eating kebabs in kabul. I prefer to support the americans.

so you make your moral and political decisions based on your vacation plans?

you could say bin laden is similar to hitler, the way he brainwashes people in countries with very low national morale.

yeah, because the american govt. never uses propoganda to rally it's dimwitted public into war fever. Saddam has wmd. Saddam has links to al qaeda. Saddam is buying uranium. and on, and on, and on...

dimwitted public into war fever

Yea, nice generalisation there buddy.

Just ruined the gram of crdeibility you were clinging onto there.

i thought about it, typed something else.. then thought about it again and decided to keep it.

I worked in Canada for a year, taking phone calls all day for several months from americans. I wasn't that prejudiced before, I am now.

Not a very bright people.

i thought about it, typed something else.. then thought about it again and decided to keep it.

I worked in Canada for a year, taking phone calls all day for several months from americans. I wasn't that prejudiced before, I am now.

Are you actually even thinking about what you're saying.

Seriously?

All black ppl can sing & and all french ppl smell like week old socks. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

some leader he is, sends the poor to fight while he hides his slimy rat ass under a rock with a video camera, fecking coward, hope the get him and kill him extremly slowly and painfully.

Oh you want to compare leaders with the Nazi's, lets do that.

I'll go with Herman Goering and President Bush...

Guess who said these words at his Nuremberg trail ..

Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

Now lets go compare leaders, eh!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

the are using religion to justify a hate campaign against capitalism, and all the hippies eat it up and pity them..
    Strange how George W Bush uses the term crusade, which is an obvious religious reference
    they wouldnt pity them if they were related to the 3,000 people killed in cold blood on sept 11...
    Or the hundreds of thousands of iraqis and afghans killed by the americans
    Or indeed George Dubya who hid in a bunker during the attack and avoided serving in Nam via a stint in the National Guard

Us irish aint too smart from what ive dealt with tbh;)
    The americans put a man on the moon(yes with input from german scientists)
    A american invented the assembly line for car production.
    Two americans invented powered flight.
    The Internet was invented by two american colleges.

If this is the american C.V and you feel you are in a position to call them stupid, what does your C.V read???.............diploma in film production from bull**** I.T?????
    I find the the " I think Im smart so ill believe the so called intelectual who says everything that america says is wrong and that all news from iraq is propaganda" people really funny, at this stage your ideals and PC ideals are full of **** and people are finally seeing that its just bull****.
    in fact youve come 360 and believe the propaganda that the " I think Im smart so ill believe the so called intelectual who says everything that america says is wrong and that all news from iraq is propaganda" people put out about Bush and the american public show you are a sheep except your ignorant to the fact(you may not be this person but there are plenty out there and they usually wear american clothes and go to see american films.:rolleyes::rolleyes:)
    if it wasnt for the americans your parents would have been A)gassed. B)used as a medical experiment by Nazi Germany. Unless of course they are ayrian.

No I dont base my morals on where i like to visit, but i like to think they influence the way i live........and freedom and not being harrassed at airport security are some of the main ways i like to live.

From what ive seen on T.V and from independant media sources online the world would be a better place with out these scumbags, funny considering Islam is a fairly peaceful religion compared to christians.

Jdivision..............
    george W doesnt direct attacks, he just orders them, the generals in the field plan them....akin to that hermet bin laden.

how many of those hundreds of thousands were trying to kill US/coalition service men???
    from where im standing, if these "neutrals" pointed out the scumbag insurgents in the community this war would be over, instead they harbour them.....so they are in my opinion with the insurgents so tough.

George Bush isnt going to mass and recruiting troops. bin laden is

Plan_D wrote: »
    "spots CIRA recruit"
    Hi. Welcome to boards.ie.
    We always welcome new members, especially those who pin republicans with the IRA label.
    Wow! I said that I would fight agianst an invading force. I now have a petrol bomb in one hand and a mortar in the other. I'm also gonna kill my English neighbours. No reason other that they are English.
    Noone has recently, but as now part of the Eu you have your puppet government. ;)
    As part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, we did not take part in WW1. Then again, the Brits were great benenfactors who lookd after us and boosted our ewconomy and treated us as dogs equals.

snyper wrote: »
    Some argue we have a muppet government now -without any foreign insurgance
    Yeah, I covered that earlier.
    Are you going to put yourself up for election, or are you just gonna bitch aout a plitician you didn't vote for?
    snyper wrote: »
    Yea, nice generalisation there buddy.

Just ruined the gram of crdeibility you were clinging onto there.

Saddam has WMD's.

The americans put a man on the moon(yes with input from german scientists)
    A american invented the assembly line for car production.
    Two americans invented powered flight.

well bully for them. What the hell has that got to do with my point that a large chunk of the american population just aren't very clever?

do you pay any attention to the american media? talk radio, blogs? Do you talk to many americans on the interwebz? yes you get lots of reasonable, intelligent people but also wave after wave of bible thumping, evolution hating jackasses. 300m leaves alot of room for wild intelligence and blind stupidity, and stupidity is just easier.
    if it wasnt for the americans your parent would have been A)gassed. B)used as a medical experiment by Nazi Germany. Unless of course they are ayrian.

don't forget the ussr, why does nobody ever thank the Ussr. I guess it's not very fashionable to thank communists.
    No I dont base my morals on where i like to visit, but i like to think they influence the way i live........and freedom and not being harrassed at airport security are some of the main ways i ike to live.

been in many airports lately?
    also freedom, lulz.

As part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, we did not take part in WW1. Then again, the Brits were great benenfactors who lookd after us and boosted our ewconomy and treated us as dogs equals.
    The irish took part in both wars (and were welcomed for that!) and as for the latter, yes I've seen the " no dogs, no blacks no Irish" signs. Yes I'm old(er than you) but then again it was a long time ago!

Yeah, I covered that earlier.
    Are you going to put yourself up for election, or are you just gonna bitch aout a plitician you didn't vote for?

I voted, never missed an election yet.

.. and i voted for FF.

Im content with my decision... considering the alternatives..

Mairt wrote: »
    Oh you want to compare leaders with the Nazi's, lets do that.

I'll go with Herman Goering and President Bush...

Guess who said these words at his Nuremberg trail ..

Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

Now lets go compare leaders, eh!.

can i have the 2minutes of my time back from reading that???
    its rambling bull**** with no point.

THE AMERICANS WERE ATTACKED, it wasnt a lie, THEY WERE ATTACKED.
    if you were attacked in the street would you A) fight back or B)bend over???

George Bush isnt going to mass and recruiting troops.
    Yes he is. Only he doesn't call it "mass" - probably "chapel" or "Sunday service" instead.
    Not by Iraq.

can i have the 2minutes of my time back from reading that???
    its rambling bull**** with no point.

if you were attacked in the street would you A) fight back or B)bend over???

Id think bend over, but he will have to confirm that for himself

well bully for them. What the hell has that got to do with my point that a large chunk of the american population just aren't very clever?

do you pay any attention to the american media? talk radio, blogs? Do you talk to many americans on the interwebz? yes you get lots of reasonable, intelligent people but also wave after wave of bible thumping, evolution hating jackasses. 300m leaves alot of room for wild intelligence and blind stupidity, and stupidity is just easier.

don't forget the ussr, why does nobody ever thank the Ussr. I guess it's not very fashionable to thank communists.

been in many airports lately?
    also freedom, lulz.

okay, id say even per 100 people the american intelligence is higher than Irish.

with the USSR you would have been packed off to siberia.
    Do you know what happened to the troops who liberated berlin???
    they were put into forced labour camps.
    why???
    because they saw how good life is outside of "mother" russia.

Ive been in plenty of airports before sept11 2001 and after....I prefer before.
    Before I had paul clarke of dublinn all ireland team checking my bags at the door:D
    not anymore, just have skangers goin to aiya nacker:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement