Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do you think?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Looks ok but the wheels look a bit small on it. They came with standard 16" with 205/55 tyres. If they're 15", ask where they went

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

12 grand for a 7 year old golf. Madness , especially seen as they were never a great car to drive so the GTI badge is a bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

flanzer wrote: »
    Looks ok but the wheels look a bit small on it. They came with standard 16" with 205/55 tyres. If they're 15", ask where they went
    Those look like 16's to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Its a bit much to pay IMO for a 7 year old car with just 150 bhp on tap.It may not be as quick as you think either.the insurance companies will flease you as well seeing as its a GTI.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=878087

This would be a better buy if you just want a properly fast car.Same engine as golf but quicker(180 vs 150bhp). It looks as its been chipped as well because he says it has "200+ bhp".

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=781038

This one is also a good buy.It has exactly the same power as that golf.Same power and all.However, it has 4 wheel drive, factory sat nav, ESP and a FSH.Its also a year newer and over 2Grand cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What would a Golf (or indeed, any) thread be without a mention of an Octavia!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Does 4 owners not seem quite alot for a 7 year old car & 71k miles? I wouldn't touch it - well I wouldn't buy a GTi Mark IV full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm going to take a guess here and think it may be a UK import. It is pretty well speced compared to the usual Irish versions and the reg number seems pretty high too. If so I'd be looking for evidence of the UK service history and get a HPI check done on it to verify it.

BTW €12k is steep imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

never touch a gold unless its a classic , same can be said about skodas except every octivia is a taxi... if not a grandads car so for 2 grand you'd get a decent spec civic... if you need a professional car for tha budget go for a bmw ( 318i onwars ) ever concidered importing from the uk ?

Advertisement