Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural-Mod-2-0-for-Crysis

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Nice find.
    Looks good will download and try later.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Looks very nice :), Wonder how much it knocks off your framerates?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Why would you bother?
    Crysis is heavy enough as it is, adding this sort of third party code can't really be any good at all for Mr. Framerate, not to mention the bug that would be involved in the code, I doubt the coder has a full team of testers behind him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

You could ask the same question of any mod/add-on to any game ever. Why the hell not ? If your machine can handle it go for it imo.

The reason I havent put it on yet is because I dont want to chance it duffing up the game save files and install itself. I will probably put it on next week though.

I havent read any reports of this one being problematic but then again that was why I asked if anyone else was using it. Going by what I have seen this one looks to have had more of a coherent development effort behind it than most other mods that I have seen to other games.

Genghiz Cohen I actually read this mod can actually improve performance.

Mods don't always hinder performance such as the Float32 Mod for stalker.

Here is a list for some really good mods if your looking to improve the graphical settings on a couple of A-list games.

Resident Evil 4
    Texture Pack 2.0 (1.8GB)
    Replaces all the rubbish textures with the ones from the gamecube version or higher.
    http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=1631

Improved quality cut scenes (1.5GB)
    http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=167

There is also many high resolution character and object skins as well as improved audio mods and mods to support the Wii remote. Combined with patch 1.1 it actually makes the PC version the best looking version of the game.

Stalker
    Float 32 mod is a small mod that can improve performance while making the graphics better.
    http://www.thefloatingpoint.org/main/news.php

Oblivion
    2GB High resolution texture pack thats makes the game look quite alot better but at a performance hit.
    http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=2363

Half Life 2 + Episode 1 + Episode 2
    Fakefactorys Cinematic Mod 6.4
    This is a massive 4GB mod that replaces all the textures with really high resolution textures plus adds a new cut scene opening,a choice of new character skins and a new cinematic overscore. Makes high life 2 graphical on par with the newest games. Warning newer versions requires a 64bit OS to run and a very powerful machine. But even at medium detail level the mod is far better looking than vinalla.
    http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/FakeFactorys_Cinematic_Mod_6_Christmas_Present;85125

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Azza wrote: »

Here is a list for some really good mods if your looking to improve the graphical settings on a couple of A-list games.

Resident Evil 4
    Texture Pack 2.0 (1.8GB)
    Replaces all the rubbish textures with the ones from the gamecube version or higher.

There is also many high resolution character and object skins as well as improved audio mods and mods to support the Wii remote. Combined with patch 1.1 it actually makes the PC version the best looking version of the game.

Stalker
    Float 32 mod is a small mod that can improve performance while making the graphics better.

Oblivion
    2GB High resolution texture pack thats makes the game look quite alot better but at a performance hit.

This is a massive 4GB mod that replaces all the textures with really high resolution textures plus adds a new cut scene opening,a choice of new character skins and a new cinematic overscore. Makes high life 2 graphical on par with the newest games. Warning newer versions requires a 64bit OS to run and a very powerful machine. But even at medium detail level the mod is far better looking than vinalla.
    http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/FakeFactorys_Cinematic_Mod_6_Christmas_Present;85125

jeez azza... thanks for these! Might actually play through HL2 again just to make use of these textures (64bit OS ftw :D) There really should be a sticky for these.

God bless the mod community on the PC.

Been playing through Resident Evil 4 again.
    Its simply fantastic. With the mods on and playing at 1920x1200 with 6xAA the game just looks so much better than any other version. Not a sign of a aliasing anywhere its like razor sharp. The game does not really tax a decent PC too much so even the high res textures have little performance impact. Totally transforms the game. Had the game been released in this sort of condition it would of been scoring in the 90's rather than the mids 70's it averaged in most reviews.

Have several mods on + the offical 1.1 patch.
    The 1.1 patch restores the missing lighting and shader effect greatly improving the atmosphere in the game.
    First mod is the texture pack from the gamecube + 1 or 2 additions and the difference is amazing the textures are just so much clearer. You can read writing of signs and book cases etc.
    I also added in Viper's high resolution hair for Leon and Ada and they do look alot better than default or the enhanced versions.
    I added in a sound mod for the guns which makes them sounds alot stronger and more realistic. The echo off the sniper rifle is awesome.
    I also installed the high resolution movies mod which not only has the movies in higher resolution but also they no longer appear washed out and have a higher detail level.
    The last mod is the one for adding in PS2 buttons into the game for the quick time scenes as I'm using a PS2 controller. But you can get one for the Xbox controller as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

God bless the mod community on the PC.

Its simply fantastic. With the mods on and playing at 1920x1200 with 6xAA the game just looks so much better than any other version. Not a sign of a aliasing anywhere its like razor sharp. The game does not really tax a decent PC too much so even the high res textures have little performance impact. Totally transforms the game. Had the game been released in this sort of condition it would of been scoring in the 90's rather than the mids 70's it averaged in most reviews.

Have several mods on + the offical 1.1 patch.
    The 1.1 patch restores the missing lighting and shader effect greatly improving the atmosphere in the game.
    First mod is the texture pack from the gamecube + 1 or 2 additions and the difference is amazing the textures are just so much clearer. You can read writing of signs and book cases etc.
    I also added in Viper's high resolution hair for Leon and Ada and they do look alot better than default or the enhanced versions.
    I added in a sound mod for the guns which makes them sounds alot stronger and more realistic. The echo off the sniper rifle is awesome.
    I also installed the high resolution movies mod which not only has the movies in higher resolution but also they no longer appear washed out and have a higher detail level.
    The last mod is the one for adding in PS2 buttons into the game for the quick time scenes as I'm using a PS2 controller. But you can get one for the Xbox controller as well.

Off Topic: Is RE4 any good? I was a massive fan of the original RE's when they were out. Price Range?

On Topic: Those screenshots look savage for the Crysis mod. I will get the mod after I finish single player. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I stand corrected, and I may just have a peek at that HL2 one :D

On Topic: Those screenshots look savage for the Crysis mod. I will get the mod after I finish single player. :o

Same here - I had such a bastard time on that vtol level I dont want to risk screwing this up either till I finish it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Off Topic: Is RE4 any good? I was a massive fan of the original RE's when they were out. Price Range?

Where have you been for the last year or so ? Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games of recent years. Easily as good or better than anything else in the series. Its a must buy.

Yes RE4 is very good... its actually funny playing a full length game now as i'm so used to the likes of CoD4 and Crysis being only 5 or 6 hours longs. There is at least 25 hours of gameplay in RE4 (even more gets unlocked when you think you've finished it) but it never gets boring or repetitive, the environments are constantly changing and nearly every level introduces new bad guys. The only downside for me was the texturing, but now with these high res textures that azza linked to it looks amazing, still not a patch on Crysis but the gameplay and atmosphere along with the storyline more than makes up for this.

EDIT: Oh and don't even think about playing this game with a keyboard. You NEED to use an analogue controller otherwise it will play crap (another quality Capcom port :rolleyes:) I used a Logitech Rumblepad for the first half and then a Xbox 360 controller for the second half when it arrived and both worked fine.
    Its simply fantastic. With the mods on and playing at 1920x1200 with 6xAA the game just looks so much better than any other version.

how did you enable AA? I don't see the options in the setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Any link to this mod community King Nothing?

Just got the game the other day, graphics are pretty dire

Morlar wrote: »
    Same here - I had such a bastard time on that vtol level I dont want to risk screwing this up either till I finish it.

Worse than that... I was so far in the game, then I decided I would love to have the all weapons cheat :rolleyes: so I went and edited the cfg files and guess what? It corrupts your saved game files... So I had to start again. I am back up a couple levels and there is no way I am going to start the game again without finishing it first!
    Tusky wrote: »
    Where have you been for the last year or so ? Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games of recent years. Easily as good or better than anything else in the series. Its a must buy.
    L31mr0d wrote: »
    Yes RE4 is very good... its actually funny playing a full length game now as i'm so used to the likes of CoD4 and Crysis being only 5 or 6 hours longs. There is at least 25 hours of gameplay in RE4 (even more gets unlocked when you think you've finished it) but it never gets boring or repetitive, the environments are constantly changing and nearly every level introduces new bad guys. The only downside for me was the texturing, but now with these high res textures that azza linked to it looks amazing, still not a patch on Crysis but the gameplay and atmosphere along with the storyline more than makes up for this.

EDIT: Oh and don't even think about playing this game with a keyboard. You NEED to use an analogue controller otherwise it will play crap (another quality Capcom port :rolleyes:) I used a Logitech Rumblepad for the first half and then a Xbox 360 controller for the second half when it arrived and both worked fine.
    how did you enable AA? I don't see the options in the setup?

I will definitely be getting this game then. After playing Veronica I just got bored of the series but now I think it's time to revisit RE.
    I am not an avid gamer by any means but I will get the games that catch my eye!
    Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Any link to this mod community King Nothing?

Just got the game the other day, graphics are pretty dire

Azza is your man :)

I picked Resident Evil 4 on the PC in Game for €14.99 its also part of their 2 for €25.00 deal.

Just to let you know the difference between all the versions of Resident Evil 4

The Gamecube version is no longer available first hand and the PS2 version will be hard to find but should be cheap if you do so. You can pick up a brand new copy of RE4 on PC for very little but the Wii version is very expensive still. Out of the box the best version is the Wii. The Gamecube lacks widescreen mode and all the extras that come with every other version. The PS2 is graphical much worse than the other Nintendo versions. The PC is equal to the PS2 version once patched but has higher resolutions. The PS2,Gamecube and Wii Versions all recieved very high review scores and the game has recieved numerous awards. The PC version recieved lukewarm reviews due to it being a lackluster port (the same graphics as a lowly PS2 and the lack of mouse support where the reasons) however even these reviews acknowledged the great gameplay in the game. Once modded though the PC version rises to the top.

Gamcube Higher graphics and audio standard. (Runs at 60fps)
    In Engine cut scenes. (you will get the costume your wearing)
    Supports Gamecube controller only.
    Supports for 4:3 mode only.
    No side stories or mini games.

PS2
    Downgraded graphics and audio compared to Gamecube.
    Inferior quality FMV cut scenes. (only default costume)
    Supports PS2 controller only.
    Supports for 4:3 and 16:9 modes.
    All side stories and mini games.
    Some frame rate issues in crowded scenes.
    Support for action replay max for cheats.

Wii (runs at 60 FPS) Costs €45.00-€55.00
    Same graphics and audio as Gamecube but supports better resolution standard.
    In engine cut scenes (you will get the costume your wearing)
    FMV Cut Scenes for Side Storys
    Supports the Wii Remote, Classic Controller and Gamecube controller.
    Supports for 4:3 and 16:9 modes.

PC Costs €14.99
    (frame rate dependent on PC, not high on system requirements)
    Graphics inferior to the PS2 port out of the box graphical equal when patched, missing lighting effects and shader. (later added in patch 1.1)
    The only HD version of the game.
    Inferior quality FMV cut scenes. (only default costume)
    Supports any USB joypad for the PC.
    Support for 4:3 and 16:10 modes.
    Supports Modification
    Once modded the game can support evey controller type (Xbox, Wii Remote,PS2, Gamecube) and can be graphical improved over every other version.

L31mr0d with regards AA I just forced it through the ATI Catalyst Control panel. You should be able to do the same but with an 8800 series card you should be able to enable up to 16x CSAA.

L31mr0d with regards AA I just forced it through the ATI Catalyst Control panel. You should be able to do the same but with an 8800 series card you should be able to enable up to 16x CSAA.

sweet, i'll have to try that. This game keeps looking better and better. Those hair textures are better than even the ones in Crysis. I've also upgraded to the ultra high resolution jacket and RPD uniform for Leon as well as installed the new gun sounds (the echo of the rifle now is excellent)

My only gripe is that the guy who released the high res map textures was obviously spanish as now all the signs are in spanish and not english....

oh wait I just realised something, lol, the signs where changed to spanish as the game is set in spain. Suppose it does make it more realistic *doh*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hrm, I asked this question awhile ago but it seems like the PC version has come along a long way since.

So once again, which is superior, the Wii version (on a 28" or big ass projector) or the fully loaded PC version (on a 17" or 24" LCD with an X360 controller)?

gizmo wrote: »
    Hrm, I asked this question awhile ago but it seems like the PC version has come along a long way since.

So once again, which is superior, the Wii version (on a 28" or big ass projector) or the fully loaded PC version (on a 17" or 24" LCD with an X360 controller)?

Well the Wii version runs at a max of 480p, I have my PC version fully loaded with all the hi res textures running at 1080p. I'd recommend the PC version as the RE4 community is constantly churning out better and more detailed textures to keep this great game alive. However if you are running it on the PC its will be better if you have a widescreen monitor and not 4:3 ratio monitor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You'll need a decent joypad on the Pc though, while you have the Wiimote for the Wii, which is arguably the best method of playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Resident Evil 4
    Texture Pack 2.0 (1.8GB)

Stalker

Oblivion

holy sh.it most try out these!

• Advertisement

I have two playstation 2 imitation controllers. How will they fix on RE4?

I have two playstation 2 imitation controllers. How will they fix on RE4?

I havent played RE since the first one with the slowly opening doors - whats all this talk of console controllers for the PC version ? Why not use the keyboard and mouse or am I missing something ?

Morlar wrote: »
    I havent played RE since the first one with the slowly opening doors - whats all this talk of console controllers for the PC version ? Why not use the keyboard and mouse or am I missing something ?
    The PC version of RE4 was a bruthal port, actually had no support for using the mouse at all, just a keyboard :D, Imagine aiming with arrow keys and ctrl or whatever to fire :D, a non-official mouse use hack was made, allowing you a bit more freedom, but unfortunately not enough due to the shoddy porting...

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Kiith wrote: »
    You'll need a decent joypad on the Pc though, while you have the Wiimote for the Wii, which is arguably the best method of playing the game.

You can use the wiimote for the PC version

There are wiimote drivers for windows/linux

yoyo wrote: »
    The PC version of RE4 was a bruthal port

A rule of thumb is if the game is a Capcom game its going to be a horrible port. Trying to currently get DMC3 working for the PC but the controls are ridiculously (damn you Capcom *shakes fists in the direction of japan*)

L31mr0d wrote: »
    A rule of thumb is if the game is a Capcom game its going to be a horrible port. Trying to currently get DMC3 working for the PC but the controls are ridiculously (damn you Capcom *shakes fists in the direction of japan*)
    True man, although Lost Planet was a respectable port (as ports go lol), but yeah lost planets M&K controls were somewhat silly... DMC3 on PC was ported by the same chancers who did RE4 pc, some japanease company they outsourced it to afaik

Nick

Advertisement