Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

training collars

Options
  • 01-02-2008 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

hi, can anyone recomend a good, reasonable priced dog training collar that emmits a slight shock. any tips or advice would be great. cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

The collars that use a jet of air or water to the dogs face would be a better option, i got shocked by one of the battery operated ones and its a bit excessive, realy hurts, by no means "A slight shock"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

IMO the trainers need collars that emit shocks ! Patietence and understanding are better than sapping the poor animal:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

IMO the trainers need collars that emit shocks ! Patietence and understanding are better than sapping the poor animal:rolleyes:

+1 on that..........

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Is this even on topic for the Shooting forum? I dunno... I'll leave it open until we figure that out together! Opinions on a postcard...

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    Is this even on topic for the Shooting forum? I dunno... I'll leave it open until we figure that out together! Opinions on a postcard...

DeV.

Related to gundog training :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DeV.
    I know what you mean Dev, it would be animal training. BUT that type of training is almost unique to gun and working dog training. Where the dog will expected to act naturally and in and out of ditchs after a "prey".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

DeV.
    If the OP were to clarify if they're training a gundog of some sort, perhaps it could be shifted to the Hunting sub forum?
    This subject (training collars) has historically been somewhat divisive over in Animals & Pet Issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Black velvit

Move this to the Animal and pet issues fourm and see what the professional trainers there say(there are a few), Its not hunting/shooting related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 maigheo

sorry for not saying, but its for a springer and im looking for info from a hunter point of view. pet and gundog trainers said they'll do it but it will cost, alot of shooters have said to get a collor. the dog is tens months old, we got her four months ago and use her for woodcock mainly. when we got her she had no name or training. flushing and retrieving is 2nd nature to her and im not complaining there, but she will hunt for herself, she will do any cover she can see and then on to the next bit and the bit after that, wont wait for us or come back to us she will look at us alright but keep goin putting up everything when she is on a lead or even on a rope she'll heed us.
    id dont want to hurt the dog in any way but its a option im thinking about, thanks

She will work for you if you work for her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement