Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best graphics card for this motherboard?

Options
  • 01-02-2008 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

I've upgraded most of the system, ram, cpu and hdds.
    I normally just use onboard graphics but would like to put in a card now.
    Not knowing much about graphics cards as I haven't looked into them before, which would be the best for this board?

MS-6526GL-L

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

as far as i can see, u can't add a graphics card to it, it doesn't have any agp or pci-e slots only pci slots and graphics cards use either agp(the older cards) or pci-e(newer cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

oops. :o

Never noticed it didn't show the AGP slot on there. Must be because it's the basic version.

This is from the manual for my Ver 3.

MS-6526GL-LAGPSlotinfo.jpg?t=1201898114

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

On further investigation...

It has been suggested that a 2600XT or 2600 Pro would be the best for this board. Although it wasn't stated if these are the specified 1.5Vs.

It has also been suggested that 4x, 8x, 1.5V or any other voltage AGP card will work regardless of the manual specifying 1.5V.

Now, having looked at the 2600XT and the price, I don't want to discover that if I install this card it doesn't work or even worse, it screws up my motherboard or something.

:confused:

Advertisement