Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

light gone heater control

Options
  • 01-02-2008 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Ford Fiesta 1995. The light that lit up the heater controls at night has gone. Should come on with lights. Is that a bulb or a fuse anyone know?

Also the radio channel does indicator not light up at night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Did all these lights go all of a sudden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Did all these lights go all of a sudden?

The radio light is gone a while but does not really bother me.

It was only an hour ago when drove to shop I noticed the lights behind the heater were gone. Is there a bulb behind there? Fiesta 95 Classic

as far as I know, there are a few twist-lock bulbs to light the heater controls. were all the controls illuminated or do you remember if only some of the controls were lit?
    it'd be unusual for them all to blow at the same time, so it could be another problem. Is there anything else that stopped working?

were all the controls illuminated or do you remember if only some of the controls were lit?
    Yes all the dash was lit
    Is there anything else that stopped working?
    No...wait not sure if dash clock is lit. will go out and see..dash clock is lit it is just the lights behind the heater control that is gone

I'd bet it's just bulbs then. swap a few around and see what happens!

• Advertisement

I'd bet it's just bulbs then. swap a few around and see what happens!
    how do i get at them? from inside or under bonnet

you need to pull out the facia. Haven't done it in over a decade, but from what I remember, you need to pull off the fan knob, and the heater levers and then the surround. you need to remove the radio too I think. the bulbs unscrew from inside.

you need to pull out the facia. Haven't done it in over a decade, but from what I remember, you need to pull off the fan knob, and the heater levers and then the surround. you need to remove the radio too I think. the bulbs unscrew from inside.
    Thanks ;)will check out tomorrow

Advertisement