Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When's the Euromillions draw on?

• 01-02-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

My local shop stops selling euromillions lottery tickets at 7:30. I assumed the draw was on at 8 and so didn't think much of it. But I just saw that TG4 are showing "live coverage of the Euromillions draw" at 9:25.

So is TG4 lying about the live coverage, or is my local shop being overly cautious by closing off the lotto machine an hour and a half before the draw?

I realise there are more important things to wonder about, but I need that money to supplement my cream egg addiction.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the draw is on at 9:30.

they stop selling tickets so early as all information about the tickets sold need to be transferred to the euromillions central database before the draw so that they can rig it*

*last part may not be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

What's the problem, you could have gotten your tickets earlier this week.
    I got mine on Tuesday. :)

Yep, cut-off is 7:30 everywhere in Ireland.

Seeing as there are 9 countries involved it's fair enough as they have to sort their system before the draw. They couldn't cut it to 15 minutes before the draw like the Irish lotto.
    Well maybe they could but they give you all week to buy a ticket so it's not an issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

*shakes ticket in the air

come on baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I was too lazy to go buy a ticket for it... lol

DAMN YOU BOARDS.IE!¬! :o :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

It's going to be €130,000,000 next week. See here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

aphex™ wrote: »
    It's going to be €130,000,000 next week. See here.

Next week??
    I told my lotto syndicate it was €130 million this week so everyone paid double for it.
    I'm going to be lynched on Monday :eek:
    Or else be sacked as syndicate organizer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Ah, thank god it's the cheap lotto tonight, none of my numbers came up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

you're all wasting your time, I have the winning ticket

the lottery executives told me so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hmmm, I always thought they said that to everyone, but they actually told me that you had it. Jerks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭steviem

The draw is actually at 8:30pm so the TG4 prog is an "as live" recording if that makes any sense. If you have the correct equipment you can watch the draw live at 8:30 as i do on satellite. Sky boxes won't work, it's on a different sat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

That's fcuking disgraceful advertising! How can they show the advert for the 130m draw over a week before it occurs, leading many people to believe tonight's was the big one? I didn't see the full advert, so just presumed it to be this one. Surely there has to be a restriction to advertising only in the week of the actual draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

right lads, I won the Euromillions

but it wasn't the €130m, so I tore it up and threw it in the fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

The Euro millions is a loada bollocks, I've entered over one hundred times and only won three of those, rip off...

Advertisement