Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scones???

• 01-02-2008 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Does anyone know how to make really good scones? Mine always turn out like they are bought from a packet for some reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

Does anyone know how to make really good scones? Mine always turn out like they are bought from a packet for some reason.

Try this one
    500g plain flour
    30g baking powder
    75g castor sugar
    75g cake marg
    300g buttermilk

100g sultanas

you might want to half this.
    but give it ago and see what you think;)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

If the above receipe doesn't work for you try using normal full fat milk instead of buttermilk and use a little less marg.

deemy wrote: »
    If the above receipe doesn't work for you try using normal full fat milk instead of buttermilk and use a little less marg.

You need buttermilk to make real scones;) and if you want to be a real sinner use real butter instead of marg:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

ambman wrote: »
    Try this one
    500g plain flour
    30g baking powder
    75g castor sugar
    75g cake marg
    300g buttermilk

100g sultanas

you might want to half this.
    but give it ago and see what you think;)

That looks like a good recipe except you forgot about the love.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

Sorry i thought the op asked for really good scones not as much as the real scones. Sarcasim doesn't become me. Seriously try them without the buttermilk. Anyone that has tasted mine will tell you they are pretty damn the nearest to perfection u will get. Oh I'm so modest:rolleyes:. Most definatly agree with using the real butter there is a difference. And handle them as little as possible before cooking

• Advertisement

That looks like a good recipe except you forgot about the love.

Sorry Bob

And dont forget lots of love:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Biscuit r Cake

Right Im going to try all of these and then I'll tell you the nicest ones. Thanks everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Lainabaina

what temp do you do these at ambman? good old 180 never failed me yet, but some things really prefer a hotter or cooler oven.

Lainabaina wrote: »
    what temp do you do these at ambman? good old 180 never failed me yet, but some things really prefer a hotter or cooler oven.

Good old 180 will do fine;)

Advertisement