Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service Cost!

Options
  • 01-02-2008 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I have a 2 wheel drive X-trail which is due a service at 20,000km. Windsor are quoting me €355 for this.

Does this sound about right? As far as I know, the 20,000 mile service is pretty standard. Nothing special needs to be done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

About two hundred quid to dear.

Find a good independant garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Although its expensive,its worth going through a main dealer as the service history will add value when you trade or sell your x trail. Joe blogs motors wont cut much ice in the service book. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭hebejebees

Important for the warranty and stuff to get it done with a main dealer, but is this its first service? little expensive if it is

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

First service is probably the most important as any fault codes may indicate underlying problems.If these are not investigated (joe blog motors wont have nessecary hardware or software) it will be a far more expensive 2nd service as the vehicle will have done 40k miles by then. I know people will throw in the old chesnut that its basically only an oil and filter change but its main dealers who get updates and recall info. Believe me I despise them also. They charge €50-€90 ph labour cost and then get an apprentice to do the work for a pittance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

Wickerman1 wrote: »
    I have a 2 wheel drive X-trail which is due a service at 20,000km. Windsor are quoting me €355 for this.

Does this sound about right? As far as I know, the 20,000 mile service is pretty standard. Nothing special needs to be done.

my first service on an accord auto was 190 at a main stealers.

355 is a bit over the top. shop around, check with a few different dealers
    dublin dealers charge rip off labour rates.

check the price with boyne cars www.boynecars.ie im sure they would be a good bit cheaper, and there a nissan dealer too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

check a few main dealers as the prices can differ a lot even between main dealers, i checked out the cost of a first service for my son's colt , the place he bought it from wanted 180 euro the first other main dealer i rang said 130 euro , i rang the dealer he bought it from and told them this and he agreed to do it for 130euro ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Full or semi syntethic oil ?

Advertisement