Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd hand bike

Options
  • 01-02-2008 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

i'm looking to get a second hand bike as my last one was knackered/stolen.
    where would i get one on the cheap without dredging the canal or bringing a bolt cutter in to town

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

SECONDHAND BIKE sale, gents' and ladies' with free lock and mudguards, from €69 to €99. Contact Mountain Trail Bike Shop, tel 091 569888.

Saw this in the advertiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Or get a new one.......See their post-xmas offers.

http://www.sterlinghouse.co.uk/

er.... no, they dont even deliver to ireland. and it'd be more expensive
    thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

they dont even deliver to ireland

Yep, they do. They recently sent us 2 x adult bikes with suspension + 2 x childseats for £stg20 delivery.

Excellent quality and whole deal worked out at €205 incl.

Best of luck either way......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Jizzlord - any luck getting a second hand bike? I need to get myself one in a hurry.

got on in the bike shop in the cornstore place. had to wait until the weekend to get one as they get get them in sporadically. go early in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fnord

Europa (opposite the cathedral) have a decent selection of 2nd hand bikes, including lots of ex-rentals. I've also gone there for repairs and have always found them sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Check out Nigel's Cycle store Liosban Business Park, I think he used to be the bike tech at Harry's bikes and garden machinery and knows his stuff. He should be able to help

MattKid wrote: »
    Check out Nigel's Cycle store Liosban Business Park...

I've heard good reports about this place too, though I've not been in person. There seems to be a bit of a resurgence of interest in cycling these days, so a few new options can only be a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Thanks very much for the suggestions guys - I'll definitely check them out. Keen to get some exercise and cycling to work would be a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Check out Nigel's Cycle store Liosban Business Park, I think he used to be the bike tech at Harry's bikes and garden machinery and knows his stuff. He should be able to help

Where exactly in the Liosbaun is this shop. Needed some cycling gear last weekend and took a spin around Liosbaun but I couldnt find it, was in a rush so couldnt really look properly!

Fnord wrote: »
    I've heard good reports about this place too, though I've not been in person. There seems to be a bit of a resurgence of interest in cycling these days, so a few new options can only be a good thing.

I'd be glad to see this again. Years ago I used to be part of the Thermo King Cycling Club (from age 11-18, stopped doing it as there stopped being an interest throughout the city). I heard rumours ages ago that they were planning on forming a new West of Ireland cycling club. Did anything ever come of this?

By any chance is this Nigel Forde who used to work in Kearney's Cycles out by Terryland?

By any chance is this Nigel Forde who used to work in Kearney's Cycles out by Terryland?

I think it is. The website has an address and telephone number, if that's any use. Liosban needs a good map!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I'd be glad to see this again. Years ago I used to be part of the Thermo King Cycling Club (from age 11-18, stopped doing it as there stopped being an interest throughout the city). I heard rumours ages ago that they were planning on forming a new West of Ireland cycling club. Did anything ever come of this?

It is. There is the west coast wheelers cycling club about. They meet by the Cathedral on a sunday morning

Apologies for being so angry.Just annoys me so much people n Galway are so ignorant of....Cycling

Fnord wrote: »
    I think it is. The website has an address and telephone number, if that's any use. Liosban needs a good map!

I'm really glad he has his own shop now. Such a nice guy.
    It is. There is the west coast wheelers cycling club about. They meet by the Cathedral on a sunday morning

Oh, thats cool. Would never be able to get back into it again. Been out too long.

Advertisement