Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F-1 Visa

Options
  • 02-02-2008 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with obtaining an F-1 visa to study in the U.S?

I'm basically wondering if I would have a problem if I applied for a post-grad course. Can a post-grad course be done on a F-1 visa? Also, I completed a three year BSc Comp. Science course in 2006. Being that I finished that course a couple of years ago, would that effect my application for an F-1 visa? I have yet to get my qualification evaluated to see if it is equivilant to a four year U.S. BS degree.
    Would I be better off just doing an under-graduate degree there?

I was also wondering what is the situation after you complete your course, can you work in the U.S or do you have to leave the country on completion of the course?

Also, what kind of financial requirements should I satisfy to qualify? I keep reading different figures from different sites that I've seen.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    -gary

Advertisement