Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starburst... ruined?

• 02-02-2008 12:47am

I got a pack of Starburst yesterday. I noticed they're now boasting "No artificial colours or flavours." Yet when I tried them, they taste totally different! They also look a lot more pale than they used to. Open a red and green sweet and you can't tell them apart!

In the same shop today I found one of the big 215g bags. It must be from an old batch because it hasn't changed and still has E numbers in the ingredients. It also looks and tastes as I remember it.

Has anyone else noticed? What do you prefer? Or do you even care?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I've noticed it, it's the same with skittles (though I still widh they'd sell bags with just red ones). Smarties also now have a bastardised taste to them since they took out the artificial stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Starburst were ruined when they stopped being called Opal Fruits imo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They took out a flavour too. Instead of yellow and green, now they have a mixture ("lemon lime") in the green one. Who only wants 4 colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

i think i prefer that there should be fewer kids running around hyperactive with ADD

god forbid they actually use NATURAL ingredients?!?!?!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

DesF wrote: »
    Starburst were ruined when they stopped being called Opal Fruits imo.

I totally agree..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Yep simply ruined :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Beerlao wrote: »
    i think i prefer that there should be fewer kids running around hyperactive with ADD

god forbid they actually use NATURAL ingredients?!?!?!?!?!
    Cyanide is natural. The "it's natural, therefore it's better" argument holds no water.

E numbers ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

nah,i actually like the new flavours of the starburst,much better! same with the skittles,they dont leave you with a horrible after taste in your mouth if you eat too many

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

rejkin wrote: »
    nah,i actually like the new flavours of the starburst,much better! same with the skittles,they dont leave you with a horrible after taste in your mouth if you eat too many

I've been eating sweets after lunch this week for some reason. Anyway was eating fruit mentos yesterday and got ^^that^^ horrible taste, so had a look today and saw starburst... and thought ... great!!!

I'm munching on them here and they're rotten.. I have a bit of a cold so thought that might be causing the weird taste, but done a search on here to see if by any chance they had changed .... it seems they have... It's a disgrace!!!!!!!

Advertisement