Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

improveverywhere.com Frozen in Grand Central Station [merged]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Improv Everywhere are great. They come up with some really brilliant ideas and always execute them so well. Think my favourite is the Starbucks timewarp one. Or the Best Band in the World. Have to say the latest one is a contender too.

They're actually all part of a bigger theatre group I think so I don't know about setting one up in Ireland but it would probably need the support of something like that to work.

Thanks for posting this and reminding of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Ha that was brilliant, your man in the grey top looked freaked out.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,335 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Meh, can't see the point of it myself, but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭hairyfish

If you could have it where there would be some tax payers money wasted, id be all for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Aww. I thought it was improve everywhere and had visions of people going around .. improving things..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Match Me Sidney

Ha thats exactly what I thought it was too, and was even thinking 'hey cool maybe I should start joining in and improving things.' Now I have discovered it isn't, I guess it's just back to my usual distructive lifestyle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭crianp

I think its about making a statement/ public spectacle etc... I always imagined assembling a group of a 100 people or so and maybe spreading out on henry st. and freezing in place for 5 min etc... while having the whole thing filmed?

Enlil_Nick wrote: »
    Aww. I thought it was improve everywhere and had visions of people going around .. improving things..

In a way, that's not too far off the what they actually do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Ardent

Well, that was pointless.

Improve Everywhere. Now there's a cool idea! Sign me up for that.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo

Very cool, would love to do that here :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Yeah saw that one the other day, they've done a few of them now haven't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Cool :)

Was in grand central a few years back, as Was every other paddy! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

possibility you could get robbed though......

Why must I be so cynical.

Pretty cool though alright.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Just noticed the other thread here. I should read charters. I am dumb.

Never thought about the Irish angle... "'ere, yer man's not movin'... lets snatch his wallet!" :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

shoutman wrote: »
    possibility you could get robbed though......

Why must I be so cynical.

Pretty cool though alright.

Mrs Doyle: No, you don't seem to understand, she was robbed! they stole her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Yeah the do some cool stuff, i have seen some of their other stuff as well,they did a similar stunt in a shopping mall, and another one where they all wore the same colour clothes as the staff uniform at a electrical store, and proceeded to walk around the shop floor asking people did they need any help or advise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

DeVore wrote: »
    I am dumb.

DeV.

Glad you said it and not me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

It was a great idea. There should be a Boards Freeze sometime... If the Boadries can have their beers, surely we can waste our time and money just to freeze for a few minutes! :P

Well I think maybe a 100 people is alot so how about we aim for 50 people? and go with the freezing idea? maybe aim for an event date of middle march or so?

• Advertisement

Hey Guys, I just saw this in the Metro this morning but I guess they are doing the improv everywhere thing on grafton street between 430pm - 435pm this week saturday so pass by town if you can.

...and another one where they all wore the same colour clothes as the staff uniform at a electrical store, and proceeded to walk around the shop floor asking people did they need any help or advise.

Actually, in that particular case, agents were given specific instructions not to ask anyone if they needed help, simply to hang around and be friendly and helpful should anyone ask.

Advertisement