Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone "hack" application via bluetooth

• 02-02-2008 1:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭

At work earlier one of the lads sent me a bluetooth application and told me to type in 0000 when it looked for a PIN

This enabled him to read my messages, check my recent calls and change all settings on my phone

I nearly killed him, anyone else ever seen this / know what it's called? It was saved as "Candy" on his phone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's becoming more common now with most phones now being able to run java programs.

also helps when idiots leave their bluetooth on in public places. was bored one day on a peak time DART and went searching for bluetooth devices and i got at least 20 devices it's stupid why do people leave it on? not to mention it wastes battery. i'd only ever have it on it i'm transferring data from phone to other device or using bluetooth headset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

At work earlier one of the lads sent me a bluetooth application and told me to type in 0000 when it looked for a PIN

This enabled him to read my messages, check my recent calls and change all settings on my phone

I nearly killed him, anyone else ever seen this / know what it's called? It was saved as "Candy" on his phone
    Ya, I have it. Its called BTinfo
    http://www.mobiles24.com/downloads/s/32756-111-bt_info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I have it and its called Super Bluetooth on my phone.

Its funny watching people freak out and you can even make their phone ring people. Personally i use it when bored in Study i can unlock their keypad, take the phone off silent and play one of their ringtones, good for cheap laughs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

its hardly a hacking program since you have to accept it. hacking bypasses the security but this program depends on you allowing it through the security

its like giving someone your password and then saying they hacked into your computer. they didn't hack in, you let them in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Yeah but it is easy to say to someone that you're sending them a ringtone and when they ask why they have to type in a pin you can just come up with some excuse, most people have no idea that this type of application is available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

its hardly a hacking program since you have to accept it. hacking bypasses the security but this program depends on you allowing it through the security

its like giving someone your password and then saying they hacked into your computer. they didn't hack in, you let them in
    so true actually, but the word "hack" is used too lightly these days.

would be cool in a night in the pub, your mate goes to the toilet you bt the file over and then let the fun begin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

its called bluetooth info or sometimes super bluetooth hack its by Marek Sedivy http://k508i.wz.cz http://java.xor.sk/?en=1&x=ftp_bt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Way to drag up an old thread. Also it is possible to pair to a phone without the end user ever being prompted for anything. It brute forces the phone with useless information and can determine the predefined pairing key needed then automatically pair to the phone fyi.

Advertisement