Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window Part - Question

Options
  • 02-02-2008 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi

I need to replace some window parts...and I'm hoping someone can tell me what the part is called !!!.

A recent break-in forced open some windows...normal everyday wooden...twin handles on the side plus the usual locked bar on the bottom. The two handles have a kinda hole in them...like a slim gap. Screwed to the window frame itself are two "nipples"...over which the handle holes fit. The nipples are flat-ish. These "nipples" were broken/torn away when the window was forced. I've just read this back...hope it makes some kinda sense. What are these "nipples" called...and where might I source some replacements ??.

Thanks for any help,
    K.

Advertisement