Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car alarm System for GSR lancer

Options
  • 02-02-2008 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,

A mate of mine recently had his Pulsar VZR nicked. The guards got it back from them after running a check point and a mini chase. Unfortunately, by the time guards caught up to the car it was abandend. This has me worrying about my car now. I have a 1995 GSR lancer, which i think would appeal to the thieving scum. I was just wondering, does anyone know a good shop that will supply and fit a good alarm. I'm in the Dublin area.

Cheers,

ps. all input appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Make sure and get a few quotes from different companies. Also make sure your buying a good alarm system. There is so many on the market these days. META have a good name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭dhev

cheers lads for your posts. Still a bit ify about leavin me car with someone i don't know to fit the alarm. You hear so much stories about lads abusing cars left into garages. My mate left in a celica with half a tank of juice for some small work. Got the car back that eve with fuel light on. When quized on it, they're response was "we had to take it for a test drive, to see if the car was running o.k." (Bullsh*t).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

the guy from autoaudio.ie does mobile fittings so that might be some help to decide.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

louie wrote: »
    the guy from autoaudio.ie does mobile fittings so that might be some help to decide.

Liam is the chap that does this site. I brought an Integra Type R out to him for an alarm and he was great. He even let me take a spin of a supercharged levin he had, we got into a chat about levins and I said I was mad to get one and he let me drive his for a few minutes. Work was done spot on and I know as fact he didn't take the car out for a spin or anything. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

get a clifford alarm there is a lad in blanchardstown that does them cant think of his name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭dhev

guil07 wrote: »
    get a clifford alarm there is a lad in blanchardstown that does them cant think of his name
    Clifford alarms are great, but from what i hear, you'll fork out the guts of 7 or 8 hundred quid. I'm only spending a tops of 400 euro (price + fitting).
    jonny24ie wrote: »
    Liam is the chap that does this site. I brought an Integra Type R out to him for an alarm and he was great. He even let me take a spin of a supercharged levin he had, we got into a chat about levins and I said I was mad to get one and he let me drive his for a few minutes. Work was done spot on and I know as fact he didn't take the car out for a spin or anything. ;)
    What type of alarm did you get in yer Integra Type R? was it any use? How much?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

theres safesounds on the richmond road, they do mostly meta system stuff.,
    http://www.safesounds.ie/

Advertisement