Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old woman regularly in VIVO around 3am onwards...

Options
  • 02-02-2008 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

I've often seen this old lady who sits down beside the deli counter at the back of VIVO late at night. She normally has a few dunnes bags with her (dunno if it's shopping or not) and has a scarf wrapped around her face and looks rather simple. Anybody else seen her or know what her story is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

I know her. I know her name, I won't divulge it here. Shes from (I think) Kilbannon, north of Tuam, and does what she does - acts like a bum - out of boredom. I don't wanna say much about her, much more than I already have anyway. Usually see her on Buttermilk Lane during the day. Comes from a respectable family that hit diaspora a while back.

I've not seen her in Tuam for a while. Once Dad and I were going to give her a lift out to Kilbannon village while he was giving me a life home from the pub but she wouldn't take it. Felt sorry for her. She's like a woman who just lost it a few years ago.

Honestly, the simpleness and loss you see in her face would break your heart. All I could ever hope was she got to some safety at night. Didn't know she'd go to Vivo at night. I can only imagine the cnuts she'd encounter in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

Yeah, man I know what you mean. She looks so sad and lost. I feel sorry for her every time I see her. I took a pic of her with cam phone but won't post it out of respect. I never saw anybody give her grief though, but I'm sure she gets it. Does she beg or what? She never asked anyone for money when I was around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

walt0r wrote: »
    I took a pic of her with cam phone but won't post it out of respect.

hmmm...how nice of you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

hmmm...how nice of you

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

I'm a nice guy you see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Why did you take a picture of the poor unfortunate on your phone. Not the actions of a nice guy IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Why did you take a picture of the poor unfortunate on your phone. Not the actions of a nice guy IMHO.

I tend to agree.

Advertisement