Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PM Spam

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

DeVore wrote: »
    I love the "Delete all Pm's sent by this user" option in vB. I think I got all his accounts but might have missed on.

On another point, its occured to me that this is a good reason now to remove old user too, because we have about 40k active users and about 120k accounts. He doesnt know which are active and which arent and so his hit rate is reduced as a result :)

Anyway, its a dumb approach and incredibly work intensive. He managed about 15 PM's with each account and I would say it took a while to do that (he wasnt a bot either)...

DeV.
    I was watching him as he signed up, seemed to take him a while to get around to sending the pms, a bot would be faster.

Here's his IPs that could do with being seen to btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Can i get some spam pls, I didn't get any & feel so left out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Can i get some spam pls, I didn't get any & feel so left out :mad:

Hi PogMoThoin,

This website has been specially set up on your behalf to allow you and any friends with a similar fetish not alone to make contact with those who like to kiss-arse (politicians, media, etc.) but to earn GOOD MONEY on an ongoing basis!!

Our market research indicates that you could easily earn over $500 dollars per month doing something which you probably currently consider merely as a hobby! In order to earn amounts of this magnitude you will of course be required to get up off your arse from time to time ... given that it is difficult to kiss it if you are sitting on it!

In order to activate your website and start earning fees you will need to reimburse us for the cost of setting up your personalised site, a mere $1000 ... the extremely low fee involved positively guarantees that you will be earning a profit within 3 months, not to mention all the personal pleasure you will derive from your site in the meantime!!

We will also need your bank account details so that we can lodge the fees from your website IMMEDIATELY and WITHOUT DELAY!!

Take advantage of this SPECIAL OFFER now!! Good for a limited time only!!

No hard work! No commissions! No trousers!

This offer cannot be licked!!

Advertisement