Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just got a Golf GT!!

Options
  • 02-02-2008 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

NiSmO wrote: »

Well earned! :rolleyes:

Keep it between the ditches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

....Silver spoon....it wasn't for your sweet 16?? :D

Congrats thou!! As Milltown said, try and keep it between the ditches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Not knocking you for one second with this but will you look after the car and drive it with respect even though mammy and daddy have splashed out for you? I've seen it with an old school buddy of mine. Never had to put his hand on his pocket or work to buy his first car and he still treats them like a piece of dirt. I don't know how he's still alive.

Best of luck anyway with the motor even if you didn't work hard for it:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

:eek: so what you gonna get for your 21st?
    Id be very hesitant too about driving today after being on the booze last night.Anyway...congrats, enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Enjoy! And don't go putting any body kits on it either!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

congrats,

nice that your parents could do that for you :) remember to appreciate it and them for buying it for you and tkae it handy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Very nice. Am thinking of getting one myself.

There's a few up on Carzone with the DSG gearbox though. To be honest, I'd rather use the sequential shift with the gearstick. If your not used to it, the paddles behind the wheel could be quite dangerous.

I think that these are only on the GTi though.

Did you try to get it with the GTi alloys ? Have to say they look much better than the GT's alloys.

Just to tell you aswell that you can get that beast tuned for about 200 bhp if you wanted. Don't know the exact legalities though. Might void your 2 year warranty with VW too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

What did i get for my 18th off my parents. a slab of bulmers and few bob.
    jesus nismo you did well, look after it and stay between the ditchs and no body kits;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Nice present. :cool:

170bhp, I hope you have a full licence at least :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

+1 for no body kits!!

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Wow! Luck boy haha!

Enjoy the car mate, they're lovely.. especially in white!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I have one myself, wish I could say every penny wasn't funded by my own bank loan but :(

Enjoy the car, its a lovely motor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

So your parents baughts you a 40 grand car for your 18th..yehhhhh right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Enjoy your new car and more importantly please be careful. 170 GT is a special order as well. Normally just 140's in Ireland.

On Friday I read the story posted here about the young lad with his Dad's M5 posting messages on forums like this on how to make it go faster. He died along with four of his mates at the end of an air strip. He was younger than you.

Dont be an ass an race 106's etc at lights, dont mod it, its lovely as standard.

After that enjoy.

Join a VW owners club in Ireland and go to their meets and weekends away. Good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

I only believe it when i see the photos of the car posted up. I would imagine your parents are well off to buy a €40,000 car, so i hope you respect it and drive safe, personally i think you'd be better of in a 1ltr or 1.4ltr if its all true of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

It's €30k according to vw.ie.

I'd tend to believe him, I know a few people who have gotten new cars off their parents, although, none quite as powerful... haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Very nice, a fantastic car... Listen, if you ever need somebody to look after her for the weekend... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Nice one, ye bollix :D

Be safe. As said above, fella posting 2 weeks back about his M5 (Which he lied about, it was his fathers)... he decided to act the mong and ended up killing himself and 4 others... don't do that pleasethankyou!

Question: At 18yrs old, what driving experience have you got? Not much obviously (At 18 I thought I was great too.. a whole ONE years driving, what a legend I was) Watch it or you'll wrap that car. Take it easy for a few weeks. In my OWN opinion, drive it on your own for a while. Don't bring mates/sexy girlies etc.. as you'll just be inclined to act the eejit. Bring some fat chick for a spin instead.. she'll slow it down and add traction on all 4 wheels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

love to know your insurance on that buddy, everything goes against ya.

license (assuming you have provisional).

anyways enjoy it, golf's are a nice drive and look superb i love the Mk V styling from the start :p

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote: »
    love to know your insurance on that buddy, everything goes against ya.

license (assuming you have provisional).

anyways enjoy it, golf's are a nice drive and look superb i love the Mk V styling from the start :p

If one of his parents were willing to swap over their policy and full NCB, and add the kid as a named driver it'd work out pretty handy/ If the parents were willing to pay for a car like that i'm sure insurance wouldnt be a bother

Damn where can I find parents like that?! Not that i'm jealous, i'm glad to say that my car is MY CAR, that I PAID FOR... i'm actually kind of proud of it tbh. I look down on people who get stuff like brand new car's from their parents pocket (ooh how shallow of me, i'm going to hell for that... meh... bothered)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I look down on people who get stuff like brand new car's from their parents pocket (ooh how shallow of me, i'm going to hell for that... meh... bothered)

Would you like to give your son a new car for his 18th birthday ? I know I would.

OP, best of luck with the new motor ! White is niceeeeeeeeee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

oleras wrote: »
    Would you like to give your son a new car for his 18th birthday ? I know I would.

Seems like a reasonable sentiment to be honest, if the parents can afford to do it well then fair enough, as long as it is appreciated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Anan1 wrote: »
    Enjoy! And don't go putting any body kits on it either!;)
    oleras wrote: »

What they said ^^^

Drive safely.

Quoted wrong person, woopsie me!

Wow, it didn't take long for the PC brigade to come out of their shell! Tbh, if i'd between 10-20k euro to shell out out on my kid (i've ye to have kid's), i'd spend it on something sport related to keep the lad/lassie alive... whether it be a speedboat/football/whatever, or something (like sailing since i've a passion for the sea) but for all I know the OP's father has a passion for the motor world... no harm in that

I know plenty of wealthy people with kid's who want to drive lately. The most recent example is a well known local millionaire. His kid just hit 18, fair play to the kid he managed to get his full license... what did he get for his 18th????? a Renault saloon... Best bit...??? The kid is DELIGHTED and so damn grateful, he can drive his gear to rugger training instead of having to haul it home every day. I was chatting to him this afternoon and he told me he was still too nervous to give 'the boys' a lift home because he wouldn't know what to say to the oul pair's if he ever crashed... this is the same fella that'll knock back a load of lush in the pub and have some craic... I wish I had his state of mind when I was 18

End sh1tetalk

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Chips for dinner?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The only thing I got for my 18th birthday was a hangover. Well deserved too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭VODKA-MAN

very nice car lad!looks lovely in white.

keep her clean;)

Advertisement