Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just got a Golf GT!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

NiSmO wrote: »

So Jealous:(:(:( , but as mentioned above, I'd want to do it for my kids (PS What was your dad thinking with an f*ing Cayenne:p:p)

A friend got the 1.4 Comfortline last September for no reason other than he wouldn't have to get the bus to college anymore:eek::eek:

Anychance of a shot of the DSG gearstick, I'm still confused by this mysterious DSG:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

I believe you now, i wasnt sure if it would look nice in white, but its perfect. The quote on your insurance is not bad either, i bet some here pay that for a 1.4ltr.

Just one last question, do you have a full licence or have you applied for your test? If the Garda caught you driving on your own i wonder what there response would be :rolleyes: If you havent done your test i would recommend NOT using that car if you and go sit your test.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

And if Cian's not available don't hesitate to drop me a line;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Very nice in white. I was looking at ordering a white one as there are virutally no 3doors in the country bar the few private sales on carzone. Ended up getting a fully loaded demo model last wednesday and only really got to try it out yesterday due to all the college work. Beautiful car and that engine is a work of art.

Heres mine

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/DSC01026.fa1.JPG

Oh and yeah you're right the GT alloys are great and set it apart from the GTI. I think they look better also. Was never a fan of the ninja-like alloys. Spokes are much better and classier! I see you got the GTI sideskirts fitted. I want to do the same thing myself. Any idea what price you paid for the skirts and fitting? Presume it was at the dealer where you got the car. Can you also tell me, since yours is brand new.. what is the finish on the tailpipes like? Mine was already blackened by the dealers and looks like it was never cleaned. Gave it a thorough going over yesterday but its clean now but not exactly shiney. Is it supposed to be a chrome-like finish? Maybe you could take a photo?

I haven't been driving to long either and am 21 but do listen to what everyone is saying on here. That car has the potential to beat quite a few cars on the road but theres no need to go proving that! The consolation is that it drives extremely well in low gears and low speeds. You get to hear that whine from the supercharger pulling away from the lights and then the rumble when you give it a bit more. And you're right its plenty thirsty for a 1.4. I did 1/2 a tank since wednesday and only did 130kms.. :P City driving and fun in low gears. The novelty will wear off soon and I'll be driving like normal again.

su_dios wrote: »
    Ended up getting a fully loaded demo model last wednesday and only really got to try it out yesterday due to all the college work. Beautiful car and that engine is a work of art.

Your in college and you have one as well :eek:, We must all be doing something wrong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

So your parents baughts you a 40 grand car for your 18th..yehhhhh right

Looks like you got showed

Barlow07 wrote: »
    Your in college and you have one as well :eek:, We must all be doing something wrong ;)

All my own money.. no other financial commitments at the moment. You would too:D

su_dios wrote: »
    All my own money.. no other financial commitments at the moment. You would too:D

If its all your own money then good luck not that i didnt think it was for a minute, just with you in college full-time? I find it hard to believe you could afford something likes, plus tax, insurance and not to mention petrol which it will drink by the bucket loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Best of luck with it. Keep it clean!!

Trade in, car loan, ssia and savings. This isn't a question of how I can afford it or not. My course in college allows me to get a well paid placement every summer along with a year off working in between the 5 years. And as agreed with most people here, if the parents can afford it then too right it should be passed onto the kids. No point having it if you don't use it. Providing the kid works for it and doesn't get everything handed to him.

Back to the car....

Seperate wrote: »
    Best of luck with it. Keep it clean!!

Some self promotion there?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

I presume they have launch control, do they? I was fairly dissapointed when I discovered my A3 2.0Tdi Dsg didnt come with it.

Heres a vid of a Gti launch. It must be the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgEK17Ffslk&feature=related

As was said above its easy to go slow when your on your own but when you have company its alot harder.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Well wear, Nismo. A nice and well chosen car:)

Sounds good. Looking at getting those skirts and then the gti rear valance and colour code only the top part of it like the r32 valance. Looks better than the full black rear I think. Skirts first though. I'll have to look into the fuel thing then. I heard the same recently but not sure how easily I can get that around my area. I don't think mine has backfired yet.. had 6k Kms on the clock so might just be because its new? What interior do you have it it? Have a look over on fischermotorsport.de if you want some oem parts for it inc the VW ipod cable fairly cheap.

Yeah I must have gotten the tailpipe as shiny as it'll go then. Used some autoglym metal polish on it so far. I'm sure if you had access to a dremel or porter cable you could polish it up a bit better. Its still noticeable enough though without being in your face.

Come over to vagdrivers.net and show off your car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I've a feeling your da will be sneaking out in the middle of the night and hitting the m50 - watch out for him! make sure he behaves himself behind the wheel

nice car dude

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Nice driveway, 6 series, Cayenne and a GT Sport.. haha.

Car looks brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Right theres a golf GT sport 140ps and a golf gt 170ps. Is your one the sport version. Thats just out recently isin't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Barlow07 wrote: »

Was thinking that myself, I'm in college and I thought I was doing well with my 00' passat. :(
    TBH I'd be driving something nicer only for I can't get insured on anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If you've learnt your lesson then you won't be putting aftermarket HIDs on a new Golf GT.:)

Plug wrote: »
    Right theres a golf GT sport 140ps and a golf gt 170ps. Is your one the sport version. Thats just out recently isin't it?

The sport models have the all black grill. The older GTs just had colour coded bit behind the number plate. Theres a 80bhp, 122, 140 and 170 GT sport now. However the 170 is the only true GT, hence the alloy and exhaust. The rest are just a better trim option which used to be known as the sportline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Nice car NISMO, best of luck with her.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

Lovely car.

I got a New Holland tractor for my 18th birthday. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Best of luck with the new motor mate - and don't listen to the begrudgers! :D

• Advertisement

Advertisement