Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criteria for Affordable Housing

Options
  • 02-02-2008 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

What is the criteria for Affordable Housing

For Example, i have just applied for it, Am i now at the very bottom of the list, or will they look at my salary (which is quite decent) and say to themselves, this guy could well afford to pay back the mortgage on an affordable house and move me up the list?

Just wondering

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

What local authority area are you in?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

bob04 wrote:
    will they look at my salary (which is quite decent) and say to themselves, this guy could well afford to pay back the mortgage on an affordable house and move me up the list?

Depending on the council- and what exactly your salary is- they could just as likely say to themselves- this guy could well afford to pay back the mortgage on a house on the open market, and take you off the list altogether.

The idea of the affordable housing scheme is to put a roof over the head of people who otherwise cannot afford to do so. While I have no idea what your decent salary is- it could very well mitigate against you, rather than in your favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rotti Express

There's no harm in applying. You'll get a form to fill out and an interview. If you don't get onto the list, you don't get onto the list. Maybe too, house prices will drop and you'll be able to buy a place of your own with no strings attached. That would be cooler than an AH.

Advertisement